• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another fishing get together

Ole1855

On July 10th a few of us FMer's got together for a friendly fishing contest at Cove PA, after we were done fishing a couple of us ended up at one of the local watering holes and had a couple. It was nice to meet some new friends and put faces to the names, we talked about doing it again, maybe in Sept. So here we go, Crossin'Eyes, Navigator, Eye, Chells, Uncle Dave, Eagle Eyes and anyone one else interested, what would you say to getting together on Sept. 11th or 18th? Yeah I know it's archery and grouse opener, but there's too many leaves on opening weekend anyway. This time I'm not thinking about a contest, just a bunch of guy's getting together to fish a little bit, maybe grill a burger and pour back a couple of longneck's. Anyone in?

If so, fire me an email and we can put some kinda plan together.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

Hey Ole!

Count me in for the 11th. The weekend of the 18th I'm busy.
Anyone else???

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

I'd love to do it again!! But my wedding anniversy is 9/11, nice day to have gotton married frown.gif!! I don't think she would be THAT understanding. I'm sure Eagle Eyes would be in as well.

eye,

What better way to celebrate an anniversary than spending some time with the wife in the boat fishing??? And as far as getting married on Sept 11th at least you were smart enough to do it when there were no major conflicts like, opener for fishing, grouse/archery, ducks or deer hunting. Maybe there are other guy's out there that will bring the wives/GF's, so she would have some company for the after fishing socializing, also if there's ladies out there that fish you are also welcome to join us. And ladies, keep in mind there are alot of single guy's that will be there fishing, myself included. Anyway, eye, here's an early Happy Anniversary, see if you can talk the wife into going, she might like it.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

I still have a chip and a chair and a chance!!(especially if I get the garage cleaned out)

I like it! Pick a date and I will make room in the schedule!

mm

I'm LOL - 'Eye' forgot to mention that his wife (and himself) may be a little busy on Sept 11th, not only is it a MILESTONE anniversary, but if dates hold out, we will have an 11 day old baby.. I am flattered that he remembered the anniversary for once so I can't be too mad.. But count the eye's wife at least out of this get together, sounds fun and all - maybe next year. smile.gif

eyeswife,

Yes, he did leave out that one little detail!!! Congradulations, maybe we will do it again next year and you can all make it.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

I'm in if it's on the 11th. Will be in Ely the following weekend. Sounds like a great time. MM & UD, maybe we could fish together. I know Dave has a 16' Tracker or I've got an 18 ft pontoon I could haul over. I'll be up for the weekend. If anyone needs a place to stay Saturday night, I'd have room at my trailer house on Round Lake, just 3 miles north of Garrison.

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 07-30-2004).]

I got a Mr Pike that we could use too. 3 can fish out of it nicely. Looking forward to it!

mm

Well,

It appears that the 11th works for most of the people, I would like to get an idea of how many are planning on showing up, last time we had the little contest at Cove, there were all kinds of responses but very few showed. I'm not trying to put together a contest this time, just a friendly get together to fish and meet some of you. After fishing we can sit around and have a few beverages and BS, since when we're on the lake not much of that can go on. My fishing partner has a trailer on the SW corner of the lake, but that doesn't mean that's where we have to fish, if anyone has any suggestions for a place to meet go ahead and offer them up. I know we aren't going to please everyone, but hopefully we can all agree on a place to launch. It would be nice if there was a watering hole near by so we could stop and have a beverage and a burger after being on the water.

Let's hear some suggestions?

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 07-30-2004).]

The SW corner would be fine with me, especially if people are coming from the Cities on Saturday morning. I'll be going up on Friday afternoon and can swing back down Saturday morning. Otherwise the are a couple of public and private launches around Garrison, with plenty of burger and beer joints. I'm pretty much game for anything.

MM - If you can sneak away on Friday and spend the weekend, you'd be more than welcome. It'll probably be just me and Uncle Dave. The Mr. Pike would be great, as I'd rather not pull my pontoon off the lift on Round Lake if I didn't have to.

If the winds are such on Saturday that we can't get out on Mille Lacs, Round has a public access and is much smaller. We've been picking up some walleyes and smallies there. I'd rather fish the pond, but it could be an option just in case.

What time would we thinking about meeting on Saturday?

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 07-30-2004).]

Hey Leaky!
Sorry I get caught up on the stupid politics and forget to check other forums. I will work on securing permission from the boss immediately and let you know. Hopefully it will work out! Would love to take you up on the Friday night offer. I'll shoot for that.

mm

MM - I hear ya. That Politcal page can suck ya right in and never let go. If you can make the arrangements on the home front, it'll be a great weekend.

Hey Leaky!
Barring unforeseen circumstances it looks like a go even for Friday night. My wife likes me at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

mm

Just to let everyone know I haven't forgot about try to set up a get together, but I'm still recovering from surgery and the thought of sitting in a boat pounding in the waves has me shuttering. I will be fine by them and in a couple of weeks I'll re-start the conversation.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

MM - Sounds good. We'll get er figured out as we get closer.

------------------
I'm Leaky, but my boat's not. (anymore)

• 2 weeks later...

To all,

I fished the pond this past weekend, man is it tough to get the walleye's to bite!!! Sud's and I fished for 4 hours Fri. evening, 1 walleye, several small perch. Sat. morning 3 hours, 0 walleye's many small perch, Sat. evening, 4 hours, 0 walleye's, many small perch. We ran live bait rigs, pulled cranks, pulled 3-ways with crawler harnesses. NO GOOD!!! We were planning on Sept. 11th, you guy's still up for that? Or are all of you getting dicouraged too? Maybe the fall bite will start, who knows....

Let me know if you still want to try to get together.

Ole

Hey Ole and others...
How about a Late Sept. full moon night trolling get together? I have a cabin reserved for the 23rd - 26th of Sept that will sleep 10 guys easily. Sept full moon is the start of a great trophy night trolling bite on the Pond, and it might be a new experience for some of the gang.
What do you think??

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Crossin,

By late Sept. I usually have the boat in storage because I now spend my weekend's sitting in a tree. I used to fish into Oct. up on the pond, pulling cranks around the rock piles, we did very well, but it can get real chilly on those late fall evenings. I'll wait to hear back from more people to see what everyone else wants to do, but by the weekend of Sept. 25th, my boat is going to be dry docked.

Ole

Come on Ole! "chilly nights" sounds like an Old guy's excuse and you can't be a day over 35 right??!!
All I'm saying is that I have the cabin rented. I'm going as well as a few others. There's lots of room and I will have an available seat in my boat. It's by far the best time of year to tackle a piggy!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Crossin'
This year try to remember your landing net! It wasn't fun trying to grab your walleyes last year in those 3-4 foot rollers!

Smokercraft

Smokercraft,
It's just one of the little things I do to make fishing more fun!!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

• 2 weeks later...

To all,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone but something came up and I'm not going to be able to make it to the lake this weekend. For those of you that know Sud's from the get together at Cove, he'll be up there fishing out of Edgewater Resort. I talked to him yesterday and he mentioned that a friend of ours is holding his annual invitational fishing contest and they only had 7-8 boats entered. So if any of you guy's are going to be there this weekend look Sud's up at the resort, he has a 2090 Warrior with a 125 Merc. tiller, the boat is white with green trim, look for the big guy with white hair.

Ole

Hey Leaky!
Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I just moved and started a new job and haven't been on-line in weeks. I'm actually posting from work right now. Anyway, I will get together with you and Rob soon. Take care!

mm

Hi MM - I ended up staying home this weekend. To much to do before heading up to Ely for 5 days on Tuesday night. Congrats on the new house. We'll need to hook up again soon and get caught up.