• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins Bashing Article

Bagley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• buzzsaw

• james_walleye

• mnvikingsfreak

He probably has mastabatory blackouts dreaming about sleeping with Frank Thomas!

I can't quit laughing after your reply Buzz.

He isn't the brightest looking guy, is he.

Bagley

What a bitter, bitter man.

Just because his worthless team can't beat ours, (and don't use the last series Windy cause one series does not a season make!!) he has to go and conjure up a bunch of half-truths and lies.

That's ok, cause I hate the Sox, always have always will...right behind Cleveland grin.gif

Read it yesterday and my head almost exploded. I think he's mainly just trying to get a reaction and/or increase the newspapers readership from 9 people to 12 people.

My favorite part is when he says Hunter's hit was dirty and then three paragraphs later says that AJ was dirty because he used to hang out in front of the plate when runners were coming in, when, really, that's what he also claims the Sox catcher was doing as well. His entire recollection of the Hunter hit was way off. Pretty sure he was watching the game in a bar, heard somebody say Torii "Head" Hunter, and though, ohhhhh, that would sound pretty good in my column!

Okay buzz, really crude, but funny.

This writer doesn't have any bias now does he? What kind of cheap shot was that at Gardenhire for his career homers? Like the number of career homers your manager has, has anything to do with if he can manage. Guillen hit what maybe 60 homers in 10-12 ML seasons, boy he was a real basher too! So what? I happen to think he's a decent manager & like the way he goes about his business.

Another thought I have is he talks about the Twins being dirty & then sites a play by AJ Pski, while with the Twins, & now he's a member of the Sox.

He rips on the Torii Hunter plate collision. The guy's barrelling down on home & takes out the catcher blocking the plate & he says he could have scored easily without the contact. You don't always know that when you're coming home & if the guy doesn't want to get drilled, it's not like he can't get out of the way if he knows he isn't going to make the play. His arguments are ridiculous. I don't think there's any place for that kind of play in little league, high school, town league recreation softball, but this is the Major Leagues, it goes with the territory & they all know it.

His rips on Santana versus the Yankees are so ridiculous I shouldn't have even mentioned it. Ask anybody in the AL who's faced him & they didn't exactly look forward to lighting him up...

Sorry for the long vent, but it was too much fun to rip apart his stupidity.

Yup, the guy is pretty bush league or as Sid would say, a real genius. I'd like to see a Lohse for Sabathia trade personally, even tho I think the guy's a big tub of goo... wink.gif

I read the same article on the Twins Website. Yah, that guy is a real loser and by writing an article like that he sounds like a whining little baby. I think it pretty much ruins any credibiliy the guy had (which probably wasn't much) with anyone that knows baseball at all. I think even Windyboy would agree with that.

Well, just another reason to hate the Sox and their super-obnoxious fans. wink.gif

If you can figure out how to swing that deal I'm sure that Terry Ryan's got an opening for you...

Boilerguys take on the south side wind bag;

First off, look at his picture!!!! Apparently he doesn't have the grey matter to know that, on the computer, he can at least try to make himself more presentable to the general public. If he did make adjustments to his pic, and that's the best it came out, I can understand his bitterness. He probably hasn't kissed a girl in like 20 years.

Second, if wind sock doesn't know the difference between playing tough and playing dirty maybe he should stop writing sports articles. I hear NASA is hiring and this self thought rocket scientist may do better there. I spent roughly 25 years playing baseball, mostly as a catcher, in various leagues. Unless you are a little pansey you better stand in front of the plate and block it, it's your job. As a base runner, unless you are a little pansey, you better knock him on his Chicago dog eatin butt and score the run. Oh, and by the way wind bag, Burke himself said it was a good clean play. Get over it, that was sooooooo last year.

Third, hey wind bag, you call Jacque and Torii's game child play???? IT' A KIDS GAME!!!!!!!!! When they knock out over the fence what should they do?? Hand the bat to the ump and say,"I'll be right back, gotta trot about 360 feet."?

Fourth, If you're going to hang a murel of C.C.Sabathia up and worship the dude........you need professional help.

Fifth, The reason you can't name more than 2 Twins superstars is because the Twins have figured out that it's the team that wins, not 2 guys. Maybe, someday, probably not but dare to dream, Frank Thomas will get that.

Saving the best for last, Mr. Windbag, go ahead and dislike the Twins. Put up a billboard saying how much you hate the Twins. Keep writing bad articles about the Twins. Then you buy the beer in October when the Twins are still playing and the pale sox are sittin in your living room drinking it.

Have a nice day. grin.gif

After reading it again another thought crossed my mind...

I bet that he's one of those m0r0ns that never even played the game, basing his knowlege on some holier-than-thou idealistic view of how the game is sposed to be played. Summer afternoon, sunny skies, carnival music in the background, women shading themselves with umbrellas, Casey at the bat type stuff.

The first thing you are taught playing ball, at least from my expierience is that if a defensive player is in the way of you reaching the bag or the plate YOU TAKE HIM OUT. That's the game, that's how it is sposed to be played. It you don't have the tase of dirt in your mouth when youre done somethings wrong.

The reverse view, I think, started when Rose took out the catcher in the all star game. People started feeling sorry for the poor scmucks who felt they could try to block the base or plate but were too stoooopid to realize they were like Geo Metros on the tracks and the freight train was a-commin.

I say we make this d0rk a catcher for a day and see what happens grin.gif

I do recall the other night, when mauer tagged (one of the sox players, I dont remember who) out at the plate, the guy was head hunting mauer looking to take him out, that he missed the plate completely.

As for this writer, he isnt worth the time of day. Look at the attendance figures on espn:

Twin attendace 7 home games, 188,021

White Sox 8 home games, 170,793

Need I say more....and they have a brand new ball bark

WOW, what a whinning baby. Lets not forget CHI soxs are the masters of the intention beanballs either. I love the comments they always give about how they're better than the twins, but MN somehow has the better record at the end each year. Thanks, that made me laugh

Hello Boys,

Does anybody know the address of the Pulitzer Prize organization. I may have an article to submit for this year's Pulitzer Prize. Wow, the truth does hurt sometimes. The Daily Southtown looks like a paper that I would like to work for. Later boys, and as usual

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES! Windy

Yeah the truth hurts that your such a great ball club with a tremendous following, yet your attendance is 25th in league with a pretty much brand new ball park, and our terrible twins are 6 spots ahead of you in total attendance and we have played 1 less home game then you, and we play in the metrodome.

Maybe all windy city folk are used to late season collapses and have started to relize to not get their hopes up and just not go at all. Except for the father son tag-teams that like to beat up first base coaches and umpires.

Oh windy... why why why??? Just when I thought you might have been normal.

It looks like you also suffer from mastabatory blackouts thinking about the pale sox! shocked.gif

when is the last time the white sox won the world series? maybe this guy should write about that!

give me a break!

that guy is a moron he is a little bitter to say the least the only way not to be bitter is to be in first place,3 yrs staight being second gets to ya I guess hey at least he can look on the bright side with the up comming nfl season maybe the bears will win 4 games this year grin.gif

I'm p1$$ed because of the Miss Duluth comment! 20 years ago, my wife was Miss Duluth and with the aid of the scholarships won during that pageant, she now helps keep children alive! Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the White Sox the only team to have "thrown" a world series? 'Nuf 'Ced.....

pure sour grapes, and non-sensical jiberish. the guy is a complete (Contact US Regarding This Word) and his article made no sense at all. the guy has never heard of Radke, or Nathan or Stewart, boy he must really know baseball!

that not i have or ever have read his paper but he should get his facts straight, and who came up with that top 10 most loved teams here, i know more people in minnesota love the twins more than the Moose, that guy is a jerk hole!!!

How does this guy do a column with his head so far up his backside he can't move his arms to type? He talks about how the Twins are a dirty team and then the only example he cites is from Pierzynski who is now on the White Sox confused.gif Does he have any examples of people who are on the Twins? Hunter's play was legal by the way.

So it not just the White Sox that talk trash about a team that has continually whipped them but also their sports writers. I guess the city is so windy from all the hot air coming out of the South Side.

On a similar note. Did anyone see the play at the plate that took Redmond out yesterday. That was one serious collision. Both players did their jobs, and did them well.

I don't like to see people get hurt, and you don't hear me squaking.

I don't think they could GIVE Lohse away. But there is good news- An article the other day said Lohse's next start has been pushed back to 4/27-so they can "work" on things in the pen w/ him. That is putting it nicely, I guess. Anyway, we don't have to worry about being down 4-0 in the 2nd inning for five more days!

Name recognition? Quick, list 2 white sox players.... uh, didn't Frank softy Thomas retire? Or has he been on the 15-year disabled list? Magglio?

Pale sox will fall off come June/July as usual.

"I dislike the Twins. And they know I dislike them." Yeah, right. They don't know this little beat writer is alive.

I got a kick out of how he said Harmon Killibrew & somebody else don't count as recognizable Twins stars, yet he fails to mention, Oliva or Allison, not to mention Hall of Famers Pucket & Karew. That's along with a handfull of the other well known current Twins players.