• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Smallie Tips

walleyehawk

I was up on Mille Lacs on a charter boat and we caught a few smallies. Real nice and they gave a good fight.

I was going to go up and fish them again but was hoping for some info. Not secret spots, general info.

What part of the day do they bite best? Do you need to be out there first light? Mid day bite or evening bite any good?

Will they stay in the rocks most of the season or do they go to deeper water. If deeper water, are they real difficult to target or how do you do it.

This is catch and release fishing, I appreciate that. Just saw a 17 incher give a kid a great fight and want to try it.

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 07-19-2004).]

I havent been fishing in about a week now but was doing really good in 2-6 foot of rocks. i was using the trolling motor untill i spotted them and would drop a leech of tube down. in one day i got two 19.5 inchers a 18" and a 16". All were caught between noon and three o'clock. Hope this helps you. also i was on the south end