• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What it looks like?

deeky

In general, how does being in the water change the look of a fly you have tied?

Obviously I can't start throwing my bass flies yet, but I don't really have a good way to look at them moving through the water. I do want to have some tied before opener.

My clousers seem to flair when they are dry. Do they do this in the water, or do they taper down? How much of an effect does water have on buck tail, maribou, etc.? What can I expect when I finally use them?

Thanks for the help.

Deeky

Deeky,

Clousers are also a great Crappie bait. Just tie some in smaller sizes the same way you are for bass and get out and chase the crapps. This way you will see how your baits are going to look for bass and you get to wet a line in the process.

If your really interested in seeing how they look, fill up the bath tub! Put a short line one them and pull them through imatating different retrieves.