• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Let the Whoopings begin

MJR

I can't see a game the vikes are going to lose all season!!! grin.gif

Sept. 11, vs. Tampa Bay noon Fox

Sept. 18, at Cincinnati noon Fox

Sept. 25, vs. New Orleans noon Fox

Oct. 2, at Atlanta 3:15 p.m. Fox

Oct. 9, bye week

Oct. 16, at Chicago noon Fox

Oct. 23, vs. Green Bay noon Fox

Oct. 30, at Carolina noon Fox

Nov. 6, vs. Detroit noon Fox

Nov. 13, at N.Y. Giants noon Fox

Nov. 21, at Green Bay 8 p.m. ABC

Nov. 27, vs. Cleveland noon CBS

Dec. 4, at Detroit noon Fox

Dec. 11, vs. St. Louis noon Fox

Dec. 18, vs. Pittsburgh noon CBS

Dec. 25, at Baltimore 7:30 p.m. ESPN

Jan. 1, vs. Chicago noon Fox

MJR,

If history repeats I think you can chalk up a loss at Chicago and the Giants and probably a split against GB. So your looking at 13-3. Good enough to win the NFC North by at least 4 games and maybe even home field through out the playoffs. shocked.gif

The Atlanta game also scares me. If it was a home game and all the fans could wear their RON MEXICO jerseys I think it would be a forsure win.

better be careful with the predictions last year pa an dubay olny saw 2 losses on the schule looking good on paper is ok but they dont play on paper do they . i think they will be good this year though. if there not tice better be gone before the end of the year

Ya I hate those Giants. We can't seem to beat the Rams ever either. I also think the you can't count on 2 wins from the Bears or Detroit anymore either.

This schedule looks a lot easier than last years but it is pretty hard to guess how any team is going to play from one year to the next.

I'm glad we aren't playing Oakland! Moss will torch us like nobody's business. The guy will have a bone to pick with the Vikes...

Quote:

better be careful with the predictions last year pa an dubay olny saw 2 losses

I remmember them thinking they had a LOCK on the over/under win total on the Vikes it was like 8 1/2 in Vegas they were telling everyone to bet the farm.

They thought Vegas was stupid and had made a mistake and were going to pay dearly....lol

person I work with was out on Vegas 3 weeks ago and said the Vikes were 35-1 odd's to win the SB. I think that is kinda high. So I have another co-worker heading out there tonight so I gave him $60.00 tp put down on them, can only hope.

The Vikings are currently 29-1 to win the super bowl and 16-1 to win the NFC championship. Randy Moss and Dante Culpepper are both 16-1 to be the NFL MVP.

Thats funny Moss is mentioned, I would love to see him come back there and burn the Vikes in a different jersey, thatd put a little salt in the wound!! Dont get me wrong Im glad hes gone.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how much anamosity Sharper has built up in him. Can't wait for the Vikes/Pack games.

Sure, if we played Oakland this year or in the next years Moss will play his heart out to "show" the Vikes what they lost, but look at the overall picture. Moss would play hard against the Vikes like he always did against the Cowboys, but the rest of the season....my guess would be same old same old. A guy needs to change within to show results on the outside, and I don't see Moss changing for anyone. He's said it himself numerous times that he won't change. I'm glad he's gone.

As for Wisconsin....they must have the most shrinks in that state than any other. Everybody's delusional there about the Pack! At least Minnesotans can recognize and accept when we have a bad team!

There! That should get things heated up a bit!! smile.gif

Let's also not forget who will be throwing him the ball. He is a good receiver, but when Oakland can't get a running game going and Culpepper isn't throwing to him, the crybaby will emerge and his performance will reflect that.

I think you underestimating Collins ability and maybe over ratings Culpeppers impact on Moss. Moss has had success in Minnesota pretty much no matter who has been the QB. Remember a couple of years ago when Culpepper was out with the hurt back and Frerotte came in and did quite well throwing the ball to Moss. I know there were some Viking backers calling for Frerotte to become the starter. I think Collins is a better QB than Frerotte was or is. IF, and its probably a big IF, but IF Collins doesn't get hit with the injury bug, I don't think Moss will have a drop in his performance at all. He has an excellent complimentary receiver opposite of him in Porter and 2 other good WR in Curry and Gabriel. They did take steps in upgrading the running game with the addition of Jordan, so the running game shouldn't be all that bad. At least for next year I think he will be just fine.

Actually not all Packer fans are delutional. I think the big question marks in the NFC North are going to be the Bears and the Lions. I think everyone agrees that they are improving, but how much are we giving them credit for improving that is where the uncertainty lies. Minnesota has definately had a good off season on paper, so natually expectations will rise for them as well. I think this year we find out just how good a coach Tice is and also how good of a QB Culpepper is. As for the Pack I don't think they will be as good as last year, but I don't think they will come crumbling down as many are predicting. True we haven't had that great of an off season, but I don't think our losses will hurt as much as some are anticipating. With the way parity is in the NFL these days anything can happen. I just printed out the schedule for each NFC North team. I'll go through it and get prediction. One thing you won't get from me is automatic losses for all the Viking games just to get the pot stirring as was done in the Packer schedule thread.

Definately like the Matchups this better than last year for the NFC North. Here's what I came up with as far as how it all plays out.

Minnesota 10-6

Green Bay 8-8

Detroit 7-9

Chicago 5-11

I'm sure it will all be different from this though.

Andy

Down to Earth

I hear ya on your predictions for the Pack. This year is no different than any other year for the border rivalry. Vikes fans are always high up on their team at the beginning but seemingly fade by about mid November. I guess if that is what you are used to it becomes routine.

The vikes definately have become much better on paper defensively but you sure don't know what can happen with injuries. It can all change very quickly.

Vikes fans would do their team a lot more good if they would just root for them a little, and not root against all the teams they don't want to win.

I guess I don't get to wrapped up in it cause I really don't have any control over how the Pack performs. But let me tell you if my boss gave me the next day off after every Pack win I'd screaming at the t.v like a drill sergeant at boot camp.

Now I'm sure some sure some Vikes fans will say something smart like "Don't expect too many days off this year" cause it's what I've come to expect.

Quote:

I think you underestimating Collins ability and maybe over ratings Culpeppers impact on Moss. Moss has had success in Minnesota pretty much no matter who has been the QB. Remember a couple of years ago when Culpepper was out with the hurt back and Frerotte came in and did quite well throwing the ball to Moss. I know there were some Viking backers calling for Frerotte to become the starter. I think Collins is a better QB than Frerotte was or is. IF, and its probably a big IF, but IF Collins doesn't get hit with the injury bug, I don't think Moss will have a drop in his performance at all. He has an excellent complimentary receiver opposite of him in Porter and 2 other good WR in Curry and Gabriel. They did take steps in upgrading the running game with the addition of Jordan, so the running game shouldn't be all that bad. At least for next year I think he will be just fine.

Curry, Gabriel, Jordan? Never heard of them. And this running back "Jordan" is a very small part of the running game in Oakland. And I am not saying Culpepper is responsible for Moss's success, I am just saying Moss has had one of the best QB's in the league passing to him for the majority of his career, and that makes a difference. Moss is a great receiver, and maybe he will actually play hard this year with something to prove, but I doubt it. I understand your pain though regarding the Packer's, with their salary cap problems, senior citizen quarterback, fumbling running back, deteriorated offensive line and secondary, and seemingly no direction at all will make for a tough several years ahead for their fans. Oh well, you always can count on the Brewers to one up their horribilism(if that's even a word). All in fun.

Quote:

Curry, Gabriel, Jordan? Never heard of them.

Oh well, you always can count on the Brewers to one up their horribilism(if that's even a word). All in fun.

Actually Curry and Gabriel are two young WR for the Raiders who should fit in well as a #3 and 4 wideout. Being a Fantasy Football Junkie these names are pretty familiar to me.

Now on your second point, since I am a Packer fan it is was a safe assumption on your part to think I'm a Brewers fan as well. Sorry to disappoint, but on the baseball side of things I root for the Twins. shocked.gif

Down to Earth,

You make it hard to believe in the Packer fan stereotype with your rational thinking but I still believe you are in the minority of those that wear Green and Gold. It is more fun that way. smile.gif Actually, you are probably one of the few consistently rational thinkers that frequent these threads form either side and I don't know how we can have any constructive, immature, irrational, unfocused, petty and bitter fueds with your kind of thinking. grin.gif

Nolte,

In your post where you referred to Vikes fans or the Vikes themselves you could place Pack fans or Packers and probably still be accurate.

Except of course the statement about improving on defense. wink.gifsmile.gif

It almost makes me throw up but Nolte has a good point. Alot of my fellow Vikings fans are TERRIBLE! Fair-weather fans! I went to the Giants game 2yrs ago and they were screaming for Frerotte after the 1st incompletion. It's the same way if I try to watch the game in a bar. They only see the bad and not the good.

Ron,

I think we all have our share of fair weather fans. We'll see just how dedicated the Packer fans are in a few years. I'm sure they'll still have sellouts at Lambeau, but Thompson and Sherman are going to have their work cut out for them once #4 retires. Also I believe Ahman Green will be a free agent after this year. If we lose both after this season it will definately turn into a rebuilding phase for the Pack.

basscatcher i heard moss isint mad they traded him . someone said they have a better grade of weed down there an more cops to run over .an probally better lawyers to get him off again to

your right about moss,s ability WHEN he wants to play hes probally the best wr ever. to bad he dint want to paly last year. personally im a broncos fan but i think with out moss this year the vikes will be a much improved team i think his special treatment an attuidude was dragging the whole team down. i wont miss him . but i also am going to hate it when the broncos have to play oakland now