• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Curious of the ice thickness when the access closed

MWard4400

The Ice on Sat. the 9th was still about 2ft + or - a little. The shore line is the problem. find a way on and your golden. Be careful around the old ice heaves. Things change real fast so be extra careful and talk to the resorts before departing out anywhere!

The shorelines and pressure ridges are wide open and from what I've heard it honeycombed real fast out on the ice sheet. These people also were along the north side where there was snow cover for an extra week. They know the lake good and they were not going back out there again.

Thanks for the information....I have no intention of trying to ice fish any more, but I was using the info to judge when the ice might go away.

Thanks again