• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wind/Waves

bigeyes

Seems wind is pretty hard to predict with much notice. I believe they only get real close on wind conditions about a day in advance. Anyway I consider 10 a light breeze no problem. 20 mph on Milly is getting rough though.

It depends. If the winds are indeed 10 MPH from the NNW and you are standing in Garrison the lake will look inviting. However in Isle, it would look a little different. Put in on the North or West Side and you sould be fine.

I have a 1999 1700 angler ss and have fished mille lacs 3 or 4 times a year. if your more than 3 miles from shore you lose all protection from the shore any closer and the waves will die down some. A 10 mph wind with your boat will be no problem waves at about 2ft. maybe a little more. I have no problem up to about 15mph with waves 3ft plus, anything over that it will get hard to fish out of your boat. The boat will take it but it gets hard to fish. Getting out and comming back will not be fun at all.

------------------
great fishing to all

I was just wondering what type/size of waves to expect with 10-20 mph winds. I'm heading up on Sunday (only been onthe lake a handful of times) and they are calling for 10 mph winds, with gusts to 20 mph out of the NNW. I was hoping to fish the 5, 7 and 9-mile flat areas. I have a 2003 Lund 1700 Angler SS, pretty much the same hull as the 1775 Pro-V. I'm pretty comfortable in the big waves and just wanted to get some opinions if I'll be ok in that area.