• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
andy j

More then Bullheads in Iowa!

andy j

I grew up in Iowa and then went to school in St. Cloud and spent 6 years in MN. I would get a lot of static about being from Iowa and that there were only bullheads to catch down there. I admit that I love MN fishing opportunities but I just wanted show that the hawkeye state can produce some nice catchs. Picture are posted below:

22.5" bass

bigbass3119dw.jpg

bigbass1113tn.jpg

13.75" crappie

img05321118gw.jpg

One of the 10" gills

bullgill1117wg.jpg

2 more BULLgills

028113fd.jpg

14" crappie

0321118eq.jpg

Granny

Andy,

Did you catch those fish on your trip this last weekend? Dang.....NICE FISH!!!!!!!!!! What did you catch that 22.5" PIG on?

Later,

Granny

wormburner

Andy,

I did't think Cabellas would let you take the fish out of the tank to take pictures! grin.gif HAHA!

Nice looking catch of Bass!

ivegottabite

Great pic Andy! I always new there were more than just bullheads in Iowa tongue.gif

so haaad

Where's the carp picture??? smile.gif

Matt Johnson

Nice fish Andy! Looks like an excellent multi-specie trip!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Rip_Some_Lip

Where is a picture of them yellow bass my brother keeps telling me about. I kid with him and tell him we call them bullheads here. He doesn't see the humor in it. I have not personally seen one so Im not sure what they look like, but they catch alot of them I guess.

Lost

What we call bullheads, they call Walleye. LOL. J/K. That's a running joke at my regular fishin' hole. If there's someone from Wisconsin it gets them really riled up. Haha.

I've heard there are some bodies of water in between all the farms. Those are some gorgeous fish!

The Grebe

Geeze, Andy...them are some of the nicest Bullheads I have seen in quite awhile! grin.gif Seriously dude, nice fish!

andy j

Granny, yes they were all caught last weekend, we had great weather, got a sunburn, had great food, and great fishing, we caught countless bluegills over 9" and I would say at least a dozen over 10" only a few crappies but all over 12". The big bass was caught on a black Senko off a underwater log. I felt a small tap and set the hook and it didn't move, My buddy said are you snaged up? I said no this is a big fish. I was able to get it out of the wood, not a easy task with 8 lb. Power Pro. It surfaced once and then bulldogged a few times and then was able to net it. It got us all pumped. We had to use 6 lb. test on the gills because they were so big a fiestly. We always do pretty well but I think this was the best year yet for quality. All the big gills, crappies and bass were released. We did keep a few small bass and average gills for a fish fry. Good times!

hanson

Thats a heck of a weekend of fishing Andy!

Nice Job.

andy j

Thanks guys! I am still pumped about how well the weekend went. It won't be long and Minnesota open water will be good to go.

freebledsoe

Quote:

Where is a picture of them yellow bass my brother keeps telling me about. I kid with him and tell him we call them bullheads here. He doesn't see the humor in it. I have not personally seen one so Im not sure what they look like, but they catch alot of them I guess.

Hey rip,

The yellow bass look almost identical to white bass here. A little different color, and fin structure. They fight like crazy for their size, a lot of fun to catch when walleyes are not biting!

pikerliker

Hey Andyj what part of Iowa did you grow up in? My wife is an Ioweegan too. She's from the Spencer area NW Iowa. Just curious. I have tried fishing the "lakes" area around Okoboji a couple of times without much luck but I don't know these lakes very well and my in laws aren't really into fishing all that much so they can't help me out.

~piker

run-n-gun

AJ, those pictures turned out great! It sure was a lot of fun. And, the food really deserves more credit than it was given so far. I'm still so full I can barely walk.

Yooperhawgs

Awesome fish!!! What do they feed them down there?!!

cheektowaga

Nice Work!

How do you know the guy in the last pic? I went to high school with him! Small world.

Northlander

Nice Fish Andy! Glad you are getting in some good fishing after leaving "Gods Country".

Corey Bechtold

Nice fish andy j! What kinds of baits were you using to get those Panfish?

Later,

Corey Bechtold

run-n-gun

Hey Cheektowaga! Where are you from and when did you graduate? I'm interested in finding out who you are. You're talking about the guy with the 14" crappie, right?

SUNNYD

Andy,

You got to quit inviting Jason down to Iowa, he is going to start expecting to catch gills that size around here...

How are things in Wisconsin?

Did your dad get in on any of the fishing action?

Take care!

andy j

SunnyD,

Things are going well in WI, I do miss MN though. My dad didn't fish with us this time he gets bored with sunfish even huge ones. He likes to cast and cast, he has only showed interest in fishing for pike and muskies the last 5 years or so. Maybe we will see you in Canada again.

Captain B.R.K

My buddy told me about this topic and said you were show some fish you caught down in iOwa.

NICE FISH DUDE- Looks you and your buddies had a ball down there!

cheektowaga

Run-n-Gun:

We talked a lot about fishing and this website at Schmitty's wedding. Figure it out yet? Shoot me an email, I'd love to hear from you. Cheektowaga at hotmail.

Nathan Chaika