• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering how many people have been out to Ten Mile catching crappies. I have fished it in the past and if I remember right this is about the time everyone starts going down there. I caught a couple down there the other night. One was around 13 so there are some decent fish moving shallow.

Haven't been there in a long long time. To fish anyway. My wifes sister lives on the lake, and I used to go fishing with my brother in law, but he's out of town alot on business now a days. Might have to check it out, its been awhile, cant even remember where everyone fishes at, if your talking about from shore, heck I cant even remember where my in laws place is. nice guy aren't I, heh, heh, think its time I give them a friendly call.

Ten Mile is quite the sight in the spring. It is cool to see all the light up bobbers go flying through the air. smile.gif Dano --- you fish right off the road by the ten mile steak house. Really, you are fishing in N. Ten Mile Lake. Some nights it is tough to find a spot down there. I have fished all along that shore and seemed to catch a few fish. I love spring crappie fishing and its hard to beat when you can do it from shore. I am wondering why ppl like to hug that culvert so much?

ok, steak house, thanks, I couldn't quite remember, I was thinking a cafe or convenient store or something, but its been awhile since I've been there. Ever since my wife and sister where on the outs, I guess I haven't been interested in being around that area. But that was quite awhile ago.

theres a couple other small lakes I want to try too, around the paelican rapids area, that are supposed to be decent for shore fishing. Shore fishing is all I'll be able to get in on this year(no boat anymore) so I better take full advantage this spring. Maybe we'll se you out sometime. I drive a green ford supercrew.

My wife's Aunt's husband said he drove by there last Friday and they were catching the crap out of the crappies there. He said it looked like everybody had one on at once they were coming in so fast.

koWALLEYEski - we should probably go give it a try on N. Ten Mile this weekend. Last year it was pretty fun going there. Looks like I'll have to go buy another $5 light up bobber though.

anyone been down there yet? lets here some info please.

Has anyone checked the water temp there yet? I would think that they will be in there very soon if not already. Must have been about this time last year that they were in there.

whats the best method to check the temp to get an accurate reading? I need to get down there to see if they are biting.

In the crappie forum, crappie tom - who knows A LOT about crappies, said you cana get a thermometer that you submerse in the water to get a good reading.

I wonder if the temp gauge on the aqua view would work instead of buying a thermometer

Yeah thatd work good. Maybe we should bring a boat out there one day so we can just vertically jig over the top of them. I think we'd hook up a lot more, but it would be a lot more work that just going from shore.

thatd be fun, but i think a lot of ppl would get mad at us for getting in the way!

There is plenty of shoreline ther for shorefishermen to go. I just think itd be nice to get out on the water one of these nights. I have to get the lights fixed on my boat thoug.

The water temp has gone up in the last few days with all this nice sunshine. The fish should be moving soon.

There had to be at least 75 people fishing from shore, not sure if anyone was catching anything, just out for dinner.

Quite a lighted bobber show at night!

It is a very cool sight to see all those bobbers flying through the air at night

Hey kowalleyski.. I was down there last night and caught 7 all small ones, lost one that was pretty nice by shore. A lot of people were catching them but there isn't much for size.. I talked to a guy down there who fished the day before (saturday) and said they didn't really start up till later about 9-9:30pm, the decent ones that is... I stayed for about an hour and a half.. and then left.. I got out there at around 9 and they were still catching them when I left at 10:30pm ..I also talked to a friend I knew down the shoreline near the black weeds, they caught quite a few decent eaters but had to weed through the bullheads.. I think this weekend might be a little better...but its hard to say with the 60 degree weather. who knows...

I would assume that with this warm weather, more and more would start moving in to there.

Its good to hear you were catching fish. Its fun just being out there even if they arent monsters. tacklebox have you talked to wheeler at all about his " secret crappie spot" he claims he caught 170 fish already but I never know when to believe that character.

yes i know he is full of hot air sometimes, but he does have some very good spots for fishing and hunting. I just think he exagerates a lot. I believe that he gets fish but just not the exact number. We all do that sometimes. Well not me, but haha!

I was out at 10 mile last night. We got a couple of crappies not much size to them. It's still fun.

George you should of been there.

Sports Fanatic

Were you out there pretty late? How was the fishing, a lot of people or not?

Drove by tonight, and saw the "light show" at dark: Seemed there were only about 25 people out there: Don't know how they were doing: I don't like fishing in the crowds but drove by after hitting the south side of S.ten mile: and their were some fish, but they were small: As soon as the sun set, it was nothing but bullheads: This is Alaska style "combat fishing" it appeared! This year is going to be a little different, the water is warm, and the fish are up very early: The bass are up, the pike are about done....kinda odd: The crappies should start VERY soon, if it isn't too late already!

Did anyone have any luck here last weekend? koWALLEYEski and I were out a few times and didn't get much. I think the cold front pushed them out to deep cover, but I don't know. Hopefully there will be some warm weather coming soon. The water temps where I checked were between 49 and 55 degrees right on bottom, so the crappies will be spawning pretty soon here.

yeah.. I know where they were fishing and I know they caught quite a few in a few days of fishing.. that was when the weather was warm.. I don't know about 170.. but I do know they caught like 40 one day...

tacklebox wasnt it on that secret lake that kinda connects from N. Ten Mile?

Hmmm, anyone with a state map would now know the "secret lake"...There is only one that connects: Thanks for the info and I hope you weren't supposed to keep it secret.

Watch, there'll be a lightshow there by tomorrow. smirk.gif From what I have seen, I would guess they weren't catching that many there.

Well Im not even sure if thats where they were. I tried it a couple times and wasnt impressed at all. Secret....i couldnt remember the name