• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

repairing scag

bear204

Question

Does anyone know what it would cost and where a good place to have a scag repaired. it is broken off

4 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Most prop repair shops do skeg repair. Don't know of any place in your area but Jay Soderbloom on hwy 210 does good work and is very reasonable.

I tore off the majority of my skag on a rock last spring. A welder in Osseo (I can't remember the name)did it, they were recommended by Crystal Pierz marine in Crystal. I think it was $125, call that dealer and they'll give you the name. They did a perfect job but I'd get an extra can of paint because the paint job they do has a tendency to come off.

Formula propeller & marine in Brooklyn park do a pretty good job and will usally turn it around in a day

If you have insurance just claim it and have them put a whole new lower unit casing on it.I hit a rock pile one year and cracked the skag.Insurance paid to have it straightened and welded. two weeks later I hit another rock and broke it off. they paid for a new lower unit casing plus bearings and shaft.All I had to pay was my deductable.