• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance X67C

dadshamp

Question

Hey guys. I have a Lowrance X67C. Sudddenly this year, it seems to be working intermittently. Oddly, it seems as if will only register depths less than 20 ft (appx). It will work fine for a few minutes and then the display slows down to a crawl, becomes cluttered and my depth display number will just continuously flash. You can still see the contour of the bottom somewhat, but it is not as defined as when its working properly and the screen has more clutter on it. If I shut it off and turn it on again, the depth sits at 0 and flashes. The temp is reading just fine as far as I can tell. Then after I move the boat to another depth, it will come back on for a bit and work fine, then go away again. I have turned all other accessories off as well as the boats ignition.

Here is a pic of the screen when the problem is occuring.

x67c.jpg

You can see the contour changes but the depth reading does not. And the botom reading is very weak and broken.

Here is what it SHOULD look like..

x67c2.jpg

HELP!...lol

Thanks guys...

Jim

10 answers to this question

dadshamp,

I have a X67C and have never experienced your problem. Every once in a great while my unit will start doing something funky and I power it off and back on and it clears up. Have you contacted Lowrance customer service? That would seem to be your best bet.

This looks and sounds like the exact same thing my X-71 is doing. Very Frustrating.I'm going to call Lowrance today, hopefully I won't have to send it in or worse yet buy a new depth finder.

Yeah, Lowrance seems to think it's the unit head that is bad. Just for giggles, I took my boat to the lake today and it didnt do it. Go figure!! But when it does again, and I'm sure it will, I will send it to Lowrance since it is still under warranty. tongue.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

So its losing its color and not picking up the bottom?

Normally when these things go haywire a shutdown and start up does the trick. If that isn't working give Lowrance's Customer Service a call and talk with a Tech.

Theres should be a reboot procedure but I'm not sure what it is on that unit. Try pressing in both up/down arrows and at the same try the press the power button.

Well, I booted the unit up and the transducer IS pinging. So it must be the unit itself or some wiring interference?

confused.gif

Is it at all possible that since the ice had just gone out on the lake that the water was so full of crap that the unit was having a hard time getting through it all to properly read bottom? I know, it's a stretch.

And what designates it as a dual frequency transducer?

I DON'T THINK THAT IT IS THE CASE WITH THE ICE JUST COMING OFF THE LAKE THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM. I KNOW IN MY CASE IT ISN'T. I HAVE HAD MY BOAT A 5 DIFFERNT BODIES OF WATER THIS SPRING AND IT IS HAPPENING AT ALL OF THEM.

A DUAL-FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER OPERATES WITH BOTH 200 KHZ AND 50 KHZ. THE 200 KHZ FREQUENCY HAS A 12 DEGREE CONE AND THE 50 HAS A 35 DEGREE CONE ANGLE. THE DEFAULT FREQ. IS 200 KHZ. THIS IS BEST USED IN WATERS 300 FEET OR LESS. IT SHOES MORE DETAIL AND DEFINITION. THE 50 IS USED FOR DEEPER CONDITIONS. I AM GUESSING THAT THE 67 PROBABLY JUST COMES WITH A 200 KHZ CONE BUT I AM NOT SURE......? A FRIEND HAS ANOTHER X-15 SO I AM GOING TO TRY AND TROUBLE SHOOT IT BY SWITCHING OUT THE HEAD UNITS.