• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gunflint

Battery and charger question

Question

gunflint

I have to do some ordering by tuesday. I plan on ordering a 36" 55# thrust transome mount maxum trolling motor. I want to run 2 12 volt batteries (seperate from each other) One for the trolling motor the other for sonar, gps, and lights. Is a 2 bank 10 amp on board charger overkill? Also do I have to disconnect everything from the batteries when I charge? Should I change the batteries around once and a while to even out the draw down from the trolling motor? If I keep the boat after this year I plan on putting in a live well and bildge pump.Thanks

7 answers to this question

delmuts

gun . the two bank 10 a should be just fine. and no it isn't over kill. once you have the on board chrg hooked up, all you have to do is plug it in. nothing else. you don't need to unhook anything. they are a great thing to have on a boat.

Giant_Jackpot

Changing the batteries is a good idea. 10 amps will be just fine as del said.

gunflint

Thanks, I just checked with my supplier, they're out of maxxums. Looks like an Endura.

Giant_Jackpot

I would wait for the Maxxum. You will not get good battery life with the Endura. Lots of places will ship for free. Reeds is one.

gunflint

I don't know if I can wait. It might be after opener. Does any have an opinion on a MotorGuide 55# thrust?

Giant_Jackpot

Give Reeds a call. I'll bet you have it by the end of the week...........

Slyster

FYI: I just got a 55# Max myself... got it fast and no shipping from cabelas online for a good price.