• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The 2005 Chicago White Sox will........

buzzsaw

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• mnvikingsfreak

• fishyguy

Good logic Windy!! We win a pitchers battle and you lose an error filled AAA game to an Oakland team that is a shadow of it's former self! Don't you think you should maybe have won and we should have lost to make a stupid post? Atleast we all know with what mentality we are dealing with..... good thing I have a two year old so I can relate to your thinking... oh wait he makes more sense. grin.gif

oh hey heres some news for you...

Quote:

After repeatedly studying the replay of his error, Dye left out a back exit of the visiting clubhouse without talking to reporters

you guys seeing this same pattern again, seems to occur over and over, somebody mentions whitesox/magic number, in same post and now the sox have lost 2 in row to the A's

hmmm.....

way to blow in the ninth you clowns, kind of ironic for chicago teams today, cubs win with walk off hr in the ninth, sox choke in the 9th again on fly ball

Reason: faulty fielding, lost fly ball in the sun, double play with bases loaded in the 8th, fundamentals.......

Hmmm...a few posts ago, someone was cockin' off about a 2-1 Twins WIN over lowly KC the other nite. Must be OK for the Sox to LOSE 2-1 to Oakland, huh? It is in my book! wink.gif

Oh Woa Is Me,

My beloved Pale Hose are mired in their worst slump of the year, 2. Wow, the Twinks win again, hey, you guys might just sweep that triple A team from KC, but then again so could a decent high school team. Good luck with a real team in the next series. Got to love the Angels!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD.....YES!

Windy

PS Guys,

Sorry I was so late in responding, I was busy watching my beloved Bulls go up 2-0 in their playoff series. How are the Timberwolves doing in their playoff series? The way they finished last year, I would expect them to walk through the first few series and face the best team the east has to offer...Wait, you mean they DIDN'T make the playoffs? Never mind!

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

A decent high school team could also win 50 games in the Eastern coference. Your Bulls won 47 and were 15 and 15 against the West.

P.S. I didn't expect the Pale Hose annual implosion to start so early this year

Windy City Walleye three words of complete disappointment......chicago sports teams grin.gif

I could care less about basketball. Take it to a different forum.

It's starting!! Sox are off to a losing streak to bring them back to earth. Twins will do the same thing they've done the past three. Slow and steady wins the race! smile.gif By the way, watching the NBA is worse than watching women's high school tiddly winks.

I've figured Windy out!! He's a moving target! He never fesses up to when he says something that backfires on him, he always changes subjects that would seem to benefit him in a conversation... he's staright one way... he just plain only wants to TAKE credit and NOT give credit!

We should all address him as ONE WAY WINDY!

I will ask the question I asked a while back....

Anyone ever seen Backherup and Windy in the same room? Hey...maybe it was a separated at birth thing grin.gif

Maybe they could be played by Alley & Haley Mills in the big screen version of the movie...

Hey Buzz,

You are right and I am wrong. I have to start giving some credit. Great game by Santana against a former Pale Hose pitcher. He only gave up two hits. Nice job. Both were homers, of course, but good job in the loss. Mr. "Roid-con" nice job of getting away with the steriod use as long as you did, don't worry, the 10 games will fly by and you won't even be missed. There, I feel much better now that I have given credit where credit is due.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy (aka One Way Windy)

ONE WAY WINDY your a regular funny guy! Do you really think your White Sox are that good??? explain to me why??

Windy city remember one thing the last time the white sux won a world series was 1917 back when babe ruth was still with the red sox 88 years of disapointment will make anyone delusional like yourself grin.gif P.S. YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD TOO!

The White Sox will win it all, they are the best team ever!! shocked.gifblush.giftongue.gif

Buzzsaw, I am just glad that you are the one with all the creative tech skills.

Hey Windy... How'd your Sux do in the opener against the Devil Ray team that the Twins just swept in grand fashion? Didn't they get enough free passes late in the game to win again? I wouldn't give you grief if you lost to a respectable team over .500 But my goodness... Tampa bay!! It's Okay TB is Ok and your decline may have begun aboout a month before I expected it to! shocked.gif

The only thing that hurts when you yap as much as Windy is that when your team fails you really don't have anywhere to go without contradicting yourself or making another weak argument.

Hey Buzz,

All your "punch and judy" hitters could muster was three measly hits and ZERO runs against a guy with almost 5.00 ERA! At least my beloved Pale Hose actually took the lead in the game, again setting a record in baseball for having held the lead in EVERY GAME THIS YEAR. People in glass houses, my friend. YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

LOL the sox lost to tampa bay! ha ha ha ha ha grin.gif

Don't worry guys, Windy will dissapear much like his STALE HOSE will by August.

Funny how our "punch and judy" hitters have won the division for 3 years in a row.....what have your STALE HOSE done in those 3 years Windy?

HERE COMES HUNTER TO THE PLATE...THERES AJ LAYING FLAT ON HIS BACK AS THE BALL TRICKLES AWAY!!!....And you can put THAT on the board WINDBAG!!....LOL

Quote:

what have your STALE HOSE done in those 3 years Windy?

You mean other than upholding the 80 year tradition of being with out question the most embarrassing baseball organization in MLB history?

CHOKING.. grin.gif

Here's your history of CHOKING!!!

WHITE SOX POSTSEASON RESULTS

( Thank goodness for cut and paste)

Year Round Opponent Result

2000 AL Division Series Seattle Lost 0-3

1993 AL Championship Series Toronto Lost 2-4

1983 AL Championship Series Baltimore Lost 1-3

1959 World Series Los Angeles Lost 2-4

1919 World Series Cincinnati Lost 3-5

1917 World Series New York Giants Won 4-2

1906 World Series Chicago Cubs Won 4-2

Thats about 100 years of brutality!! Did you want to talk about that 1917 team??? hmmmmmm I didn't think so!

Heres a list of White Sox BRUTALITY over the last century!!! IT'S UGLY!

WHITE SOX SEASON RECORDS

Club Records Year

Highest Batting Average -- .295 1920

Most .300 Hitters (Minimum 300 at-bats) -- 5 1920, '24, '36, '37

Lowest Batting Average -- .211 1910

Most At-Bats -- 5,646 2000

Most Hits -- 1,615 2000

Most Singles -- 1,199 1936

Most Doubles -- 325 2000

Most Triples -- 102 1915

Most Home Runs -- 217 2002

Most Consecutive Games with Home Run -- 17 2002 (28 homers)

Most Grand Slams -- 8 1996

Most Pinch-Hit Home Runs -- 9 1984

Most Total Bases -- 2,654 2000

Highest Slugging Percentage -- .470 2000

Most RBI -- 926 2000

Most Runs -- 978 2000

Most Bases on Balls -- 702 1949

Most Stolen Bases -- 280 1901

Fewest Stolen Bases -- 19 1950

Most Sacrifice Flies -- 69 1992

Highest Fielding Percentage -- .984 2002

Fewest Errors -- 97 2002

Most Consecutive Errorless Games -- 9 1955, '64, '95

Most Errors -- 345 1901

Most Passed Balls -- 45 1965

Most Double Plays -- 190 2000

Lowest Earned Run Average -- 1.99 1905

Highest Earned Run Average -- 5.41 1934

Most Complete Games -- 134 1904

Most Shutouts -- 32 1906

Most Saves -- 68 1990

Most Strikeouts -- 1,039 1996

Fewest Walks Issued -- 255 1906

Most Walks Issued -- 734 1950

Individual Records -- Batting Player(s) Year

Most Games -- 163 Albert Belle

Greg Walker

Don Buford 1998

Most At-Bats -- 649 Nellie Fox 1956

Most Runs -- 135 John Mostil 1925

Most Hits -- 222 Eddie Collins 1920

Most Singles -- 169 Eddie Collins 1920

Most Doubles -- 48 Albert Belle 1998

Most Triples -- 21 Joe Jackson 1916

Most Home Runs -- 49 Albert Belle 1998

Most Home Runs, Left-handed Hitter -- 34 Robin Ventura 1996

Most Home Runs, Home -- 30 Frank Thomas 2000

Most Home Runs, Away -- 25 Frank Thomas 1995

Most Home Runs, Rookie -- 35 Ron Kittle 1983

Most Home Runs, One Month -- 16 Albert Belle 1998

Most Grand Slams -- 4 Albert Belle 1997

Most Total Bases -- 399 Albert Belle 1998

Most Sacrifice Hits -- 44 Buck Weaver 1916

Most Sacrifice Flies -- 15 Magglio Ordonez

Albert Belle 2000

Most Stolen Bases -- 77 Rudy Law 1983

Most Times Caught Stealing -- 29 Eddie Collins 1923

Most Bases on Balls -- 138 Frank Thomas 1991

Most Intentional Bases on Balls -- 29 Frank Thomas 1995

Most Strikeouts -- 175 Dave Nicholson 1963

Fewest Strikeouts -- 11 Nellie Fox 1958

Most Times Hit By Pitch -- 23 Minnie Minoso 1956

Most RBI -- 152 Albert Belle 1998

Highest Batting Average -- .388 Luke Appling 1936

Highest Slugging Percentage -- .729 Frank Thomas 1994

Longest Hitting Streak -- 27 Albert Belle

Luke Appling 1997

Most Consecutive Hits -- 10 Frank Thomas

Rip Radcliff

Harry McCurdy 1997

Most Consecutive Games With an RBI -- 13 Taffy Wright 1941

Most Grounded Into Double Plays -- 29 George Bell 1992

Fewest Grounded Into Double Plays -- 3 Don Buford

Tony Lupien 1966, '67

Most Pinch Hits -- 21 Smoky Burgess 1966

Most Pinch-Hit Home Runs -- 3 Oscar Gamble

Ron Northey

John Romano 1977

Individual Records -- Pitching Player(s) Year

Most Games -- 88 Wilbur Wood 1968

Most Games, Right-hander -- 82 Eddie Fisher 1965

Most Games Started -- 49 Wilbur Wood

Ed Walsh 1972

Most Complete Games -- 42 Ed Walsh 1908

Most Games Finished -- 73 Bobby Thigpen 1990

Most Games Finished, Left-hander -- 62 Wilbur Wood 1970

Most Innings -- 464.0 Ed Walsh 1908

Most Wins -- 40 Ed Walsh 1908

Most Wins, Rookie -- 21 Reb Russell 1913

Most Losses -- 25 Patrick Flaherty 1903

Highest Winning Percentage -- .857 Jason Bere (12-2) 1994

Most Consecutive Wins -- 13 LaMarr Hoyt 1983

Most Consecutive Wins to Start Season -- 9 LaMarr Hoyt

Orval Grove

Lefty Williams 1982

Most Consecutive Losses -- 14 Howard Judson 1949

Most Saves -- 57 Bobby Thigpen 1990

Most Bases on Balls -- 147 Vern Kennedy 1936

Most Strikeouts -- 269 Ed Walsh 1908

Most Shutouts -- 12 Ed Walsh 1908

Most 1-0 Shutouts Won -- 5 Reb Russell 1913

Most Shutouts Lost -- 8 Ed Walsh

Patsy Flaherty 1907

Most 1-0 Shutouts Lost -- 4 Billy Pierce 1955

Most Runs -- 182 Dickie Kerr 1921

Most Earned Runs -- 162 Dickie Kerr 1921

Most Hits -- 381 Wilbur Wood 1973

Most Hits Batsmen -- 16 Jim Scott 1909

Most Wild Pitches -- 18 Jamie Navarro 1998

Most Home Runs -- 38 Floyd Bannister 1987

Lowest Earned Run Average -- 1.52 Doc White 1906

Most Consecutive Scoreless Innings -- 45.0 Doc White 1904

Geez your really "fishing" now. Just take the loss and suck it in. You don't have to throw out a totally meaningless stat like "setting a record in baseball for having held the lead in EVERY GAME THIS YEAR". Get real, that doesn't mean a darn thing and you make yourself look like a real fool. grin.gif Just crack me up. I spose if you lose tonight you will tell us, well we had more guys with facial hair than the other team and are leading the league in facial hair. Get Real buddy. wink.gif

geez buzz, fishing opener really got you not working at all this week lol

My only obvservation to make from all those stats, and man was that alot, makes me feel a little better about windy ripping on rincon.

Most of the sox batting records were set by Albert "CORKED BAT" Belle, now that guy was a winner, says alot for your orginaztion windy.

Put that on the board!