• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pokegama/Cross/Snake River

Looking to fish more rivers this year and was curious if the Snake in between Pokegama and Cross held pannies? Can I go all the way from one lake to the other? If so, what the largest boat recommended to make the journey? Which general areas should I focus on? Any help is appreciated. Making a last minute decision where to head tomorrow and saw a few out on the snake in pine city. Thought maybe it'd be an option.

Any size boat on the Snake is fine. Expect to do quite a bit of no-waking. There are some large no-wake zones.

The Snake is ultra high right now. I doubt it would be your best panfish bet tomorrow. At normal water levels, the Snake holds panfish. But, it's not the world's best early season water.

I did see a couple of boats out in Pine City on the river. I think the water is still a bit high too, but you can get a boat through from Cross to Pokegema unless the water is really low. I am not sure if there are any pan fish biting now either, but there were people fishing. I drove by W. Rush yeasterday and seen some people with some smaller crappies in front of the store. They might be biting down that way. Good luck on werever you decide.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm going to look elsewhere today. I'll post results for wherever I end up!