• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any recent reports?

Ole #1

Ole...I'll be up all day on Wed. If you have a marine radio i'll be monitoring channel 69. I'll be fishing the S/E area, launching out of Macs.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ole #1

• half2fish

• Ole1855

• eyesontonka

I don't have a marine radio yet, need to get one. I do have two way radios, but I don't know if that will work.

I'll be fishing the west end, good luck Mayfly.

Ole

I was thinking about going up for the morning bite. It is about 70 miles to Wahkon for me to get 3 hours of fishing in. Does anybody have suggestions on where to go on the south end?

I am going up on thursday, out of Eddy's. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will be getting there around 1:00 p.m. Staying til Friday night. I was thinking the rocks aroun rainbow island and west at night. And the sand around wealthwood during the day.
Thanks Kid walleye

Remington,

If i were you i would go and try on the north side of Half Moon Island. 15-18 feet. got a few little ones there the other night but should start to pick up now that the night ban is off.

fish

me and my brother fished from 6:30am to 7:00pm. we caught 8 jumbo perch,18 inch,25 inch and 28 inch eyes.caught these fish on 2 mile bar on the east side in 30 feet of water. the walleyes just smashed the leeches.they fought really great.

Half2fish,
You were right. Thanks for the tip. I landed 5 jigging real slow. I think we will be back there this weekend.

Was out yesterday (6/15). Six guys. Caught 6 and kept 4. Also got nine smallies with biggest being 20.5". Fished from 8-4PM with slip bobbers and leeches in 6ft over rocks. Tried deeper but no luck. Late in the day we had a few Mayflies (not fish flies) show up. I hope its not an indication of things to come in the next few days.

The Spook

We caught the smallies on the rocks just out from the Myr Mar.

The Spook

I went out last night with 3 other guys, we fished from 7:30-10:30. The fish didn't start biting until about 8:00, but we did see a lot of nets out after 8:00. We caught 5 walleye, but all were under 10 inches, that's the first time I've caught walleyes that small on Mille lacs.

We were in Vineland bay and hit indian point at dark.

Ole

Remengton,
Glade i could be of some help. we have been picking up a few but not too many. let me know how you did if you go back. Good luck

fish

Fished out by Sloppy Joe's, picked up 5, three in the slot,1-24in. and one small one. Few perch too. Picked up most of the fish from 3 till 5 then nothing. Snells and colored hooks. Too windy anchor wouldn't hold. Spent most of the time drifting over the shallow and deep again. Didn't get a bite for 2 hours so left at 9pm.

Fished Agate Bay reef Friday night,Saturday night only caught two 23 inch walleyes,one 15 incher, and one jumbo perch.

Wind was blowing 10 to 20 miles an hour Friday, Saturday it blew as well but slowed toward night fall.

Saw a few fish bing caught, but not very many and most were over the slot or only 8 or 10 inchers.

Fished in 13 feet and let the bobber slide over the top a few times.

Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 06-20-2004).]

Fished in 18-20' of water around Otto's Reef and The Tundra from 7 am-noon on Saturday morning. Caught 6 between 20-26".

We used bottom bouncers with 8' snell and floating green/black jigs tipped with a leech.

The lake isn't what it used to be.

Went out on Dickies Portside launch Saturday evening. Very slow. 1 keeper about 17 1/2 inches. Quite a few small ones around 10 inches. Had a lot of fun. Weather was great. A few more fish would have been nice.

------------------
1996 Sylvan Pro Select, 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500HO, 2003 Ski-Doo Summit 600HO, 2000 Ski-Doo MXZ 600 It ain't a sport if it can't kill ya!

Inregards to my last post!My e-mail only opens i cant send at the moment so here it goes and your cell dont work for **** on water! From halfmoon put jugs numbers up and follow the line to seek big numbers of hungry fish!!For those who have the numbers see ya in morning!Remember those 2oz bottum bouncers cause i only have 1 extra none for you!Call me when you get back in tonight so i know how many are going in morning and if i need the boat!Leave a mess if i'm sleeping!

I would strongly suggest to fish isle,wakon, or twin bays along weed line edges. There are a lot slot fish there along with big guys in sometimes water less than 4 feet! On windy days stick to the rocks in 8 feet or less. Water temperature is about what a week or 2 after opener...think spring tactics and you will be successful. Don't overlook trolling some crankbaits a this time also. I wished I used these areas during the wave wacker tourney and had a little more pre-fishing time, we would of been in the money....a week late and a dollar short, but that's fishing.

Fished around cove bay on sat and had success casting raps along weedlines. nice fish to be had.

------------------
"Fishing is a condition of the mind in which one cannot possibly have a bad time."
idratherbefishing

We were on the North end Saturday night and did well. The jumbo perch were hitting good and we brought home a couple decent eaters. It was as crowded as opener and did see a few other nets come out. We were rallied by the DNR census and he was a very nice guy. Other people were nice at the launch too, which was great to see. I had a bad experience with an *$$?#@* at a lake in Princeton the week before and I was hoping for a good day, which it was!

halftofish

We fished halfmoon sunday morning!We were 1st boat on the north side!Fishing was awsome until all the boats driving by seen us slammin fish and the big wide turn an anchor here anchor there spooked all the fish out!Most of the fish we were catching were 15"-17" but did get 4 over slot and a couple 13 teens we threw back too!We like to search and seek so we left located many many fish in deep uncharted water(middle of know where)Big bug hatch i think and guess where all the eyes were!Fishing was tuff but we managed to pull rainbo spinners & leech bottum bouncers with 8'-10' snells and had a blast from 9am til 3pm!Got tired of getting beat up with the waves and went back to halfmoon since no one was there found the fish in 19'-20' pulled leech 8' pink hooks and managed to pull 11 more in 2 hours to end are day!

At the landing we talked to a couple others who did not catch anything!1 older couple said they were fishing halfmoon but did not catch a fish they did not have any leeches so my guess would be pink leech combo was the magic combo yesterday for halfmoon!As far as the eyes being in the middle of know where location was(Drive around and take a peek)Fish are all over in deep water not near any stucture and prety active!Never have i seen this before where those fish are as active as they were being the location and appeared to be a massive bug hatch or tons and tons of bait fish about 4' above them!

Eyesontonka,

Sounds like you had a good day. too bad it doesn't pick up like that every day. did you get anything over 28"? Good job fooling those eyes. its about time someone did.

half2fish

I'm not eyesontonka just another fishing family member...No they did not catch any over 25 inches... the biggest fish on halfmoon was 23 1/4 but all the slot fish were average 16 1/2 17 perfect eaters ..most of the eyes in deep water were all from same mold 23 inches to 25 inches...Yesterday we had some friends fishing same area they got same size fish...then they went about 1/2 mile from that area and did get some bigger fish but not as many..Thought the count landed in boat was like 27 ..23 inches to 25 inches for 6 hours of fishing and 2 guys..Not 1 eye was under slot out in middle of no where..think there are 3 boats all friends and family that are out now so i'm sure a post will be comming late tonite..

half2fish

Well i'll update the area we were fishing!halfmoon still getting a few but only got 2 keepers for 3 boats 2 to a boat!2 days out in the middle of nothing was great fishing but the 3rd day not 1 fish the bug hatch that was about 4 foot off the bottum must have came up to surface it was no longer there nor were any bitting eyes!Marked a few groups but no luck!From there we split up went to every known gravel/rocks and mud flat with a couple fish in each area not 1 eye over 20!Then we hit weed lines and managed to pull a few out but the pike and muskie action must be starting to heat up as we lost a few lures!Had a few following up to the boat as well but no monsters that i saw! Guess i can say the dead seas back on my mind once again!

Eyesontonks,

Nice. I am a very big northern/muskie angler so i am glad to hear that. We havent been getting too many walleyes and the ones that we are getting are only 8-10 inches. Bummer. have you been using lindy rigs with leeches or bobbers? thanks

fish

half2fish

No Bobbers

We used colored hooks & leeches pink was best of choice for us along with about 8to 10' leed line with 1/2 ounce no snag sinkers any shorter no luck!Either drift or run trollin motor we found a lil faster was better action!You need to fish NW of halfmoon island 17'-20' for the bigger fish!We got the smaller eyes10-12" in that 14'area!It jumps up and down out on that little gravel patch we seem to have got them right on the edge of it!You will notice that there are a few bigger rocks out there and behind those were a nice 16 1/2- 23" eye alomst every time!Just inneed of a few more of those rocks!We tried back trollin into the wind for a real slow presentation with no luck so we went back the faster speed for best results!

From halfmoon island look nw to the point head straight at point you will hit the edge of the gravel head north a little bit you'll hit main area!my guess would be it's about 1/2 to 3/4 of the distance from halfmoon to the point!

We were basicaly fishin with mimic minnow/pink head on weedlines when the gators/muskies were on the attack!Used spinner leech combo for awhile but lost everyone(bit off)Pink spinner blade!Tried other colors not a bite!Also threw #9 firetiger & orange floater and snagged a couple gators and had 1 muskie follow it to boat as i figured another donation was about to happen i pulled it out right away!My guess was it was around 12lb class no monster but another 5 bucks still in my tackle box! All those were straight west of halfmoon island along shore line/weedline you'll notice a white jug off the point we were on inside of that when we saw most of the action!

Were talking about monday outing in same area we should be on water by 5am! I have a handy capped fish'n friend that wants me to go out in his boat so without are electronics were probly limited!Also will let you know how the weekend went from my fish'n partner who will be starting out at halfmoon about 8pm tonight until sunday evening!
If your interested on try'n a few spots together you know where to find us red/grey 18' tiller lund is what he has!This boat does not have gps just a typical fish locator so if you do and wanna hook up i'll get the numbers from my p sunday nite if anythings going good!

Hope the info helps out for your next outing!From the sounds of things this years been hit & mis all over!1 day here 1 day over there makes a hard day of fishing for everyone!

I fished Mille Lacs all week. Caught most of my eye's bobbering in 15 feet on the shoreline break. Got a few in deeper gravel. Caught ZERO on the mud. Did decent on Garrison reef. I ended up catching plenty of 11-13 inch perch while walleye fishing. we kept 12 walleyes and 14 perch for the week, the biggest walleye was 26.5 inches. The fishing on the west side has been preaty slow. I cant believe all the smallmouth fisherman. My favorite smallie spot would get worked 7-8 times a day on the weekends and 1-2 times a day during the week! It was insane how many people were fishing bass, I cant even catch fish anymore, the bass on my favorite spot have seen every artificial bait known to man. I now get 2-3 small bass everytime I fish it instead of 10-15 small to large bass. Talk about overfishing a spot, i guess ill have to find some new ones.

Fished from Agate bay thursday, friday and acouple of hours saturday morning. Probably caught 30-40 walleyes kept our 8 17-19 inch slot fish and a dozen perch 12-14 inches. Biggest were 2 25 inchers a couple 24's and 22's. Fished in 12-13 ft. morning and evening and 23 -25 ft during the day. Had to be at least 2 ft. off the bottom for walleyes and within 6 inches for the big perch. Heading back up today till tuesday after a fish fry for lunch.
Good luck, Eric