• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Twins or Vikes Stadium

pikeprowler

Who deserves the new stadium more, the Twins or Vikings. I'm pulling for the Twins here.

Twins. But, I know I'll upset some people here, public money shouldn't pay for it. I do hope they get a stadium, however. One with a retractable roof would be nice. I live like 4 hours away from the dome. I'd hate to road trip to a rained out game. Also, if they do get one, please don't put it in the middle of downtown big city. Put it away from big city somewhere. With a big parking lot so we can tailgate. I know, I'm not asking for much. grin.gif

Both are equally deserving, but the Hump is more suited for football and the Twins have a bigger sense of urgency since the Vikes have a lease. I vote Twins.

I'm going to throw another name into the hat. I think the stadium should go to the Gophers first. Then Twins and then Vikings.

I think the gophers will get one soon. I would rather see the Twins in Anoka county instead of the Vikes. If my taxes are going up, I want 81 dates, not 10 dates for that jack in taxes.

Lance

I think the Gophers are in the worst need of a stadium, but I don't think a dime of public financing should go into it. There are plenty of other state schools in Minnesota and we're not building stadiums for them. Just ask Glen Taylor, who forked over every dime for MSU, Mankato's state-of-the-art basketball arena.

My vote is Twins first, Vikings second. I would gladly pay a bit more in taxes for a Twins stadium. There's plenty of other junk my taxes go to that I don't get to enjoy nearly as much.

What is wrong with Dick Sebert for the gophs? I have played on that field a couple times and I see nothing wrong with it. I vote twins with a new stadium. Vikes have the dome.

I don't know about the others, but I was talking about the Gophers football team. Siebert is indeed a quality yard.