• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report for 5-22

Otts

The weather Saturday was brutal! The wind was blowing and it was raining for a lot of it. The wind was out of the East for most of the day. It got to the point where it was really hard to tie a snell. We tried Graveyard and Otto's with no results. We then moved to the point just east of Izaty's. It is the point with the golf course green by it. Depth was 9-12 feet. We pulled 3 fish fish, 19,19.25,& 23.25 from there. There were many perch present also. The perch tapped it like a walleye and the walleyes hit the bait hard. Smaller leaches worked better than large ones. We then moved to Shaws with no results. Many boats were drifting just SW of Shaws in 20-23 feet of water. We joined them and caught one more fish. There was probably 20 boats fishing here and we saw 5 fish caught. Another boat fished Myr Mar and caught 5 walleyes for the day. They were fishing just inside the point by East Myr Mar to stay out of the wind. They used bottom bouncers for all but one of the fish.
Thought you might like to know,
Otts

was up thursday night for 2 hours
caught 4 fish 2 slots a 24 and a 27 plus a BIG perch 13" weather was **** so fished small lake rest of weekend for crappies 30 kept between 2 of us for the weekend must have caught 100 or so. lots of 8-10" couple in the 12" range

Isn't the limit for crappies 10

------------------
"FISH TO LIVE"
"LIVE TO FISH MILLE LACS"

5/20 - Bobber fished near Garrison for 2 hrs in the evening = 0 fish
5/21 - Fished near Myr Mar all day and got two (22" & 24")plus lost a nice one at the boat. Did catch a few jumbo perch. Rain started around 3PM and the lake really started to get rough so headed in an decided to watch the Wolves that evening.
5/23 - Lake really rolling all day. Finally got out around 6:30PM to St Albans Bay. Got two (21.5" & 22"). Looked around and realized I was the only ***** out there.
5/24 - Lake was about as rough as I've seen. Didn't even attempt it.

The Spook

Remember......He did say he was crappie fishing the rest of the weekend. And there was two of them. So......Legaly he could have kept 40......If they ate some Saturday.

Cory Frantzick

Correct- we fished friday saturday & sunday
we only kept the 8-10" ers and let the larger and small ones go.
so we could have kept 60 in all only half a limit.

sorry for not being more in depth.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 05-25-2004).]

Just to clarify, you could have kept 60 fish over three days provided you ate all 20 (10 each) from the day before prior to going out the next day. The POSSESSION limit is 10, not the daily limit.

New here to the forum, and I'm trying to understand this limit thing. So if I have 5 crappies in my freezer and I go out fishing for crappies, I can only keep 5 more crappies because it's a possesion limit?

Thank You Paul,
I assume then this applies to all species!

By the way, this is a great forum.

Ya, remember you can't have 300 in your freezer and go speeding through town. smile.gif

Mudman-fire up the fryer, fast. The possession limit is 10, not 10 per day. I check the regs before keeping more than a few as it is hard to remember it all.

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 05-24-2004).]

If you have a wife and 3 kids in your family you can have a limit for each of then in your freezer 5 people x 10 = 50, corect???

Duck

duck
your wife and any kids over 16 need a license to keep there limit.

Well heres my report.....Caught a limit on Wed.(19th) and
one on Thur.(20th) All within a half hour. The magical depth
was 9 1/2 Feet, slip bobber and a leech. It went from
8 - 8:30pm. Caught fish sporadically all day but that
half hour was the best.

Any idea if people are getting a bite as good that
lasts longer?? The second night we were out, the first
bobber went down at 8pm on the dot....kinda strange. I
think the last fish was caught at about 10 after 9.
Then a few perch were caught but not one more eyes. I
sat there till ten. Kinda weird, I wonder if they are
moving through or whats the deal?

from the book of regs.

CRAPPIES-

SEASON = CONTINUOUS
LIMIT = 10

perch is the only specie that the possession
limit is twice the daily.....

You can only have 10 crappies per person at any give time. Whether its in the freezer or in the boat.

MAYFLY

I hate to ask the magical question but where were you bobber fishing?

thanks

------------------
I fish with a pole!

About all this posession talk. Crappies or any fish limit is per lake right??

I can have 10 from Mille Lacs, 10 from Minnetonka, and ten from Leech, right??

Just tryin' to learn. I would only take my supper home anyway.

------------------
I fish with a pole!

Possession means you have on your person, vehicles, boat, home, etc. Does not matter where you caught them. All that matters is the count. Over 10 per angler equals trouble.

oh, i did not know that. I guess it doesn't really apply to me because only fish one lake per day 99.9% of the time, and i don't freeze fish

thanks for setting me straight!!

Hope the Eyes heat up this weekend!!

Good Luck Fishing

------------------
I fish with a pole!

SCONASOTAN: All I will say is that I was in the S/E area of the lake and it was off a dock. I was actually in a boat because there was not room for me on the dock but thats were we got them. I am leaving for the lake in 3 hours and will be up there until Sunday. Hopefully I can find some fish!

P.S. When on the water the marine radio is always tuned into 69 so if your out give a shout. Wed - Sun

[This message has been edited by Mayfly (edited 05-25-2004).]