• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

new slot

Jeremy Donabauer

For 2004 the DNR is still in favor of protecting fish 20-28" with a 4 fish limit, one of which can be over 28. The vote was by secret ballot so I don't know how the input committee voted. The option of 17-21" was brought to the table again and was favored by some members. We'll see what the DNR's decision is in the next week or so.

------------------
www.millelacsguideservice.com
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

Summary of February 11, 2004 ballot vote by Mille Lacs Fishery Input Group

Regulation Type Input Group Gallery Combined
Protected slot (i.e. 20-28”; 77% 47% 62%
includes 17-28 and 20-26”)

Harvest slot(i.e. 17-21”; 23% 53% 38%
includes 15-20 and 17-22”)

Bag Limit – 4 23% 28% 27%
Bag Limit – 6 36% 18% 25%
No change specified 41% 54% 48%

Basically 77% of the input group is in favor of the 20-28 protected slot with a July 15 date to open the slot and a December 1st date look at it again.

The DNR fisheries office made a recommendation to the commisioner for approval. We should hear what the result of the meeting with the commisioner was shortly.

It sounds like we will see an opening day protected slot of 20-28 and on July 15th we will see the protected slot opened to 22-28 then on December 1st the slot will go back to 20-28 inches. We will find out for sure shortly.

------------------
www.millelacsguideservice.com
Minnesota, the land of 10,000 fishing trips....

Thanks for keeping us updated on this topic. It's greatly appreciated! I've been waiting to find out whats going to happen this coming season.