• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mille Lacs lake map

black max

I just got my new LAKEMASTER maps in the mail and I can't say enough about them. Mille lacs is in 1ft countours and you can disect the whole lake pick out a break you want to fish, mark it and write the gps cords. down and then just drive out there and not have to keep moving around trying to find a good spot.

I have seen many people post the same results after getting these maps, but I had a Hot Spot map and thought that was good enough. Wrong, that map is nothing compared to this map for Mille Lacs! If you can afford to buy it I would highly recommend it. I will now be able to mark breaks I want to fish at home and just drive to each of them and fish; if nothing's biting I can go to another without wasting time searching for a spot.

I can't wait to fish Mille Lacs again now that I can eliminate water that prob. isn't holding fish and just go and fish the really good spots that should be holding fish. The cd rom I got also has 256 other lakes also but there are a bunch of packages you can get and they are pretty reasonably priced.

You can see what those maps right here:
http://minnesota-lake-maps.com/

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 02-09-2004).]

You will find the 1' and 3' increment maps very accurate. The 256 lakes in 5' increments aren't very accurate at all. These maps are based off of the DNR maps and are just a guide rather than to use with GPS coordinates.

Yea I knew that the 5' increment maps aren't as good and I have alot of maps already from the dnr of these lakes already, but thats why you get them free in the cd-rom. I mostly am just excited about the 50 gps maps and the high definition of the main big lakes. I was just going to get just the Mille lacs map but for the price difference I thought I might as well get all the gps maps they have right now. Well worth my money from what I can see.

Yup, the ReelBottom series is awesome. Wait until you try the chip with an on-board GPS unit. I got the MMC chip last fall.... un-freaking-believable

------------------
-FNC

"get on the natch"

{Note from Rick: They are no longer ReelBottom. They are all ProMap Series now]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-09-2004).]

I got my Lakemaster Mille lacs cd about a week ago. It's just incredible. Now for you guy using Garmin hand held GPS's, you can connect your gps to a laptop and track your position real time. I got this info from Rick earlier this year. I found a good deal on a laptop in walmart. I loaded the cd on the laptop and I take it with me fishing. I also have the topo software and that will track real time also, although a laptop is a little big to carry hunting.

Good Luck, Scotty

For the price I paid for this laptop, it's almost disposible. So far no problems. I also mounted my Lowrance Lms-320 to a "blue box" for ice fishing and I have the Navtronics mmc hot spots chip, but I prefer the Lakemaster. I'm saving my pennies to get the Lakemaster mmc chip for my Lowrance.

Thanks, scotty

Scotty, be careful using your laptop ice fishing. I left mine out in the truck and it froze. The "techy" people here at work chewed my but pretty good for doing that... they also said high humidity (rain, etc.) is also not good for a laptop. I use the chip and Lowrance GPS/graph and that works great for Mille Lacs, Gull, etc.

Just announced last week, Lakemaster is now working with Garmin and software will soon be available to download Lakemaster Pro Series Maps directly onto Garmin GPS units.The software will be replacing Garmin's Mapsource Fishing Hot Spot series and should retail for around $199. Can't wait to get Mille Lacs onto my Garmin.