• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The 2005 Detroit Tigers will.............

buzzsaw

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzsaw

• BackHerUp

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

Windy mouth-

Who are you for in your series agst the backerup kitties?? Hope you sweep the cats to shut up your buddy backerup? Then us twins fans can concentrate on the yearly white sux collapse when you lose you 5-6 game lead in June and don't know what hit you come Aug. Can you say a Chicago baseball team??? I sure can. That whole city is under the curse of Shoeless Joe and the Billy Goat. do what you will with chi baseball all you want, they are so bad they curse each other. YOu can put it on the board-- no chicago team has won a world series in over 86 years... YESSSS!!!!! and the sad thing is that CHI has TWO teams, the red sox have or had 1. Let's keep history rolling and Chi baseball bowling come OCT.

I bet windy city walleye was a huge fan back in 1917,88 years Is a long time thats why he is so bitter and pissed off in his posts

Poster (I mean "poser"), buzzsaw writes:

Quote:

"... all because of errors?! same old team!

Good thing for us Tiger and Sox fans is...the Twins aren't the "same ole team"...their defense sucks this year.

You currently rank 11 out of 14 (A.L.Fielding Stats ) in team defense with a .980 fielding percentage.

Where are the Tigers? They rank 8th with 15 errors to the Twins 18 errors.

How about that Cuddyer at third? He leads all Major League 3rd basemen in errors this season (MLB Stats: Errors at 3rd base)

Maybe he should play at 3rd base wearing a catcher's mitt! grin.gif You never know, he couldn't play any worse!!

"Losing the right side of the infield (Koskie and Guzman) won't hurt a bit..." especially down the stretch. Man, it feels good having an All-Star at short (Carlos Guillen) whose also leading the league in hitting.

Oh yeah, how 'about the Tigers "sweep" of the Indians? We've scratched our way back into 3rd place, 3 1/2 behind the Twinkle-ies...The .500 record in April won't hurt their confidence one bit either, considering Detroit stood at 6-10 on April 21! Though the White Sox matched a franchise record for most wins in April with 17, the Tigers' late-month recovery means they'll enter May five games back in third place in the AL Central. They've avoided building the early-season hole that plagued them in so many years.

"It's like the skip (Alan Trammell) said: Get to .500 and take it from there," Rondell White said. grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

They've avoided building the early-season hole that plagued them in so many years.

I will give you the props on the come back they have made to get back to respectable but your quote above sounded a bit off. Early hole? A team being plagued by a early hole might fall 10 back and only get within 4. Your team the last few years has fallen 10 back and ended up behind by 45. That sound like a early, middle and late hole to me.

back her up didnt seem to see that cuddyer is tied with someone else for the lead in errors at third base with(5) and his favorite tiger Brandon Inge is right behind him with (4) errors with a whole bunch of others give everybody the straight facts and not the facts you think looks better why dont you have pitching stats? how about that Troy Percival? grin.gif

Quote:

back her up didnt seem to see that cuddyer is tied with someone else for the lead in errors at third base with(5) and his favorite tiger Brandon Inge is right behind him with (4) errors with a whole bunch of others give everybody the straight facts and not the facts you think looks better why dont you have pitching stats? how about that Troy Percival?
grin.gif

They are the straight facts!!! MLB.com!!!...who's on top?!!grin.gif Cuddyer! grin.gifCouldn't be any straighter. grin.gif You kill me!!

As far as Inge goes...he's had 66 total chances (FPCT of .939) to Cuddyer's 59 chances (FPCT of .915), so he's handles 7 more grounders than Cuddyer with less error and he's playing a new position this year too (he played shortstop in college, but that was quite awhile ago). I'll take Inge's glove and bat (Inge vs. Cuddyer batting stats) any day over that "tyrin'-to-be" Cuddyer...Actually, I like Cuddyer. He's gonna be good someday, be he's struggling at the plate and that has everything to do with being an "everyday player at 3rd base", trying to replace the irreplaceable Koskie...he'a not handling the pressure very well...

...and as far as Percival goes, he's 2 for 2 in his last 2 save opportunities. I'll take him down the stretch too.

Buh-bye, for now...gotta go work in the yard... grin.gif

Tigers can't put it together against Chicago's Garland

By Jason Beck / MLB.com

Jon Garland kept the Tigers from getting an early lead, something they have done in 12 of their previous 16 games. He retired 14 straight batters from fifth inning until the ninth after Carlos Pena's second hit of the game put the only Tigers runner in scoring position all afternoon. Complete Story...

White Sox win 8th series of the year off Garland's gem

By Scott Merkin / MLB.com

Jon Garland continued his early-season brilliance, shutting down the Tigers for his second straight four-hit shutout, during the White Sox's 8-0 win over Detroit at U.S. Cellular Field Sunday. The victory gives the White Sox eight series wins in nine played during 2005. Complete Story...

Oh well, at least we're tied with the Twins in May...0-1! (Santana loses)grin.gif

...and we live to see another day...against the Red Sox, starting tomorrow! grin.gif

Oh let's see how many Tiggers pitchers won 17 straight and did they win 2 out of 3 against Chicago this weekend? Didn't think so. Ya know, as great as the Sux are supposed to be, they sure haven't run away with this thing have they? Even you guys still have a shot! BTW, Kramerica Park sure looks nice in the photo but I don't see any snowmen... grin.gif

Yeah it took the best start in team history too get what was a 1 1/2 game lead yesterday, now 2 1/2 after today.

santanna did lose--- but my golly, he gave up 2 hits!!! I'll take him any day over any pitcher in the ML.

as far as Chi-- the whole city hasn't been to a world series since 1959 (SUX) The cubs in 1945. That's pretty sad. Detroit and backerup--- nice hitting team-- but you have little or no starting pitching to get even close, let alone agst a div winner from another div. 8-0 agst the SUX says it all. Yes the Twins are not playing def like the past- but give it time and they will be near the top in fielding % and in hitting. With Moonshot Morneau and Maurer, this team has the sky as it's limit. Det-- forget about it. The SUX are the Twins challenger, and they fold quicker than a ice cube in the summer sun. Bring on May-June and the rest of summer. GO TWINS!!!!!!

Quote:

Where are the Tigers? They rank 8th with 15 errors to the Twins 18 errors.

Yo dingleberry, are we counting errors now? I thought wins were what mattered! Keep trying! Let me get this straight, Minnesota has committed more errors than Detroit and were STILL kicking your butt in the standings??? Hmmmmm

Can't wait to hear your next chain of psycho babble....

oh and good luck vs the Red Sox... they are in a lull so you guys have a decent chance of winning the series...

Quote:

santanna did lose--- but my golly, he gave up 2 hits!!! I'll take him any day over any pitcher in the ML.

Hallelujah Mudcutter!!! Santana is THE man!!!! Garland may end up being the AL pitcher of the month by a pie hair over Cy Santana.

Garland over Santana by a "pie hair"? Must be one huge "pie". Garland ERA 1.38 Santana 3.29, Earned Runs Garland 6 Santana 15, HR's given up Garland 1 Santana 5. Complete games Garland 2 Santana 0 (both shut outs to boot)

Backherup, keep it coming, bro! Good luck in motown with the Carmines. Keep up the front against these Twinkie-eaters. Don't get them too mad though, they may go into a "roid-rage" like their reliever who will be "resting" for the next 10 games. Winners never cheat and cheaters never win! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

Windy

The other stat you left out WINDY was strikeouts/walks ratio..... why don't you look into that for us.

White Socks will nose dive again. Thier 2 games better then last year. Just watch out for that dive.

Look now and see who has the most errors at 3rd base. tigers r sub 500 again for the year.

Anyways great game today against the Red sox... 3 hits another loss by Urbina (last years Tiger savior) to go 0-3 on the year for the Tigra's

Detroit is now 3 games under the .500 mark, not looking like a different team to me Cantbackitup.... shocked.gif

I can take a lot of things, but to convienently compare stats of John Garland to Santana right now is ridiculous and made me spit up a little in my mouth. Let's be realistic and compare them at the end of the year when Garland's ERA will be over 4.00 and Santana's will be under 3.00.

& Santana will have 17-25 wins & Garland will have probably 8-15...

And Santana will be head and shoulders above Garland in innings pitched and strike outs.

Santana has pitched seven or more innings in 23 of his last 29 starts, going 23-3 during that stretch!!! Thats amazing!!

So heres the way the weekend shapes up cantbackanythingupever! The Twins play a hot team (Devil Rays) who just spanked the Yankees, and you play the Angels who the Twins just took two out of three from and it could have been a sweep if not for Colon's gem... I just checked and Santana and the boys spanked the Rays 7-1 and your AAA impersonators were down 1-0 in the first inning... should be interesting.

P.S. All that world traveling making you anymore of a baseball know it all? grin.gif

Quote:

...So heres the way the weekend shapes up cantbackanythingupever! The Twins play a hot team (Devil Rays?!) who just spanked the Yankees, and you play the Angels who the Twins just took two out of three from and it could have been a sweep if not for Colon's gem... I just checked and Santana and the boys spanked the Rays 7-1 and your AAA impersonators were down 1-0 in the first inning... should be interesting...

Well, we took 2 of 3 from the Angels (in Anaheim), lost the one by one run and beat Colon to boot! grin.gif

Your Minnesota Twins have committed as many errors as the Detroit Tigers (22), and are lumped into the bottom 5 worst defenses in the A.L. (of which 4 of the teams are from the A.L. Central - A.L.Defensive stats ), so I don't want to hear how good you think the Twins are...all you have is Johan Santana...and I still think he won't last.smirk.gif

About the Tigers recent 4 game losing streak. 3 of the 4 losses were by 1 run and the other was a 5-3 loss. They've lost 9 games by one run and could very well be 23-7 or thereabouts. I'm not the least bit concerned. If they were getting trounced everytime they lost, then I'd be worried. The White Sox have beaten Detroit 9-1 and last Sunday 8-0 (but they're the best team in baseball), the Tigers came right back and crushed the Red Sox 8-3, in Boston the very next night. Other than those 2 losses and a 6 run loss to the Twins, they have been close in every other loss this year. That bodes well for the young pitching staff's confidence. Bonderman (5-2, 3.47 ERA), Maroth (3-2. 3.83), and Johnson (2-2, 3.93) are doing good and getting better. The surprise is their number 4 starter Nate Robertson (0-2, 4.18), who led them last season with 12 wins, has been struggling. But he'll turn it around. Their number 5 starter Wil Ledezma (1-3, 6.59) was struggling early but has been victim to the one run losses and little run support as of recent.

If this is as bad as it gets, I'm not worried at all!

Quote:

P.S. All that world traveling making you anymore of a baseball know it all?

I'm sure it has (world travel was during my musician years, now it's regional/national)...as a matter of fact, I get to go to Detroit in June (CCX, my employer is based in Ann Arbor, MI) and its company paid...so I will try to get to the San Diego or San Francisco Inter-League series...upon my return, I'm sure I'll know more about everything than you...but then again, I already do...and it doesn't take much more than an elementary education to accomplish that anyway! grin.gif

"Read-and-Respond" to you thugs, (if you're lucky) next week... smirk.gif

All that hot air and your 9.5 games back and were only like six weeks into the season.... keep dreaming mah boy, keep dreaming.... oh oh oh oh... we ONLY lost so many games by one run blah blah blah... Dude, you sould like a huge whinner, not to be mistaken with Winner! Bummer to take two out of three games from a good Angel squad only to lose ground in the division to both the White Sox & Twins!! Yeowwwwwch!! tongue.gif

Anyone with a substantial baseball IQ will tell you that a large amount of one-run losses means a team is simply getting out-managed. Is Trammel in any hot water out there Backherup?

Quote:

Bonderman (5-2, 3.47 ERA), Maroth (3-2. 3.83), and Johnson (2-2, 3.93) are doing good and getting better.

That should be "are doing well" not "good". Bad mistake for somebody that has put so many people down for their grammar mistakes before.

You also said..."I'm sure it has (world travel was during my musician years, now it's regional/national)...as a matter of fact, I get to go to Detroit in June (CCX, my empoyer is based in Ann Arbor, MI) and its company paid...so I will try to get to the San Diego or San Francisco Inter-League series...upon my return, I'm sure I'll know more about everything than you...but then again, I already do...and it doesn't take much more than an elementary education to accomplish that anyway! grin.gif"

I guess that means you know more than the writers at SI, ESPN, Peter Gammons, almost every paper in the country and just about any other analyst in baseball. These people all picked the Twinks over your Tigers. I had no idea you were so bright.

Lastly, I have never heard anyone say, " I get to go to Detroit in June". I have heard "I have to", "I am required" and "that he**hole" but never anything that would be taken as excitement.

Ohhh Fishyguy, YOU KILL ME!!! LOL!! That once again was solid!

Thanks Buzz....but I do have to admit the Motor City Motor Mouth does make it kind of easy.

Yeah the twins and tigers may be tied with the same amount of errors but please, its a nightly occurance too see Jones or Hunter on sportscenter making spectacular plays too rob people of hits. That DOES count for something. Its not in the statbook but anyone who knows baseball knows its there and knows that defensive ranking of the twins is not the whole story.

Hey Backherup,

Nice to see you back in action. Don't let these twinkie-eaters rattle you. It seems like we are always in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents when it comes to the Twinks. Nice game against Mr. Colon, nice to see a team that can actually hit and score on him. Twinks got their ARSE Spanked when Mr. Colon took Mr. Santana to the wood shed and taught him a thing or two about pitching. Keep up the good work my man, hey by the by, did you see how those powerful Twinks handled a pitcher with almost a 5.00 ERA tonight. All they could muster was three measly hits in getting SHUTOUT. Later dude, and as always...YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES! Windy

from the wisdom of windy...."Twinks got their ARSE Spanked when Mr. Colon took Mr. Santana to the wood shed and taught him a thing or two about pitching".......lol santana gave up 2 hits! he really taught him a thing or two johan can teach him on how to dust off his cy young award for him thats the closest he will ever get to one! keep your posts comming they are good comedy grin.gif