• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ANY GREAT REPORTS?

I'm not looking for any hot spots, just wondering if anyone is having great luck,perch or walleyes, are they biting if you find the right spot? or are they just not biting right now?
thanks

Scott, what "general" areas are you targeting? Rocks, Gravel, steep drops, etc??

right place right time?? I know I fished Mille lacs 2 days the past week and saw 15 - 20 eye's on the camera but caught none. Ok, had 1 on but lost it at 3:15 in the blooming AM!!! Best I've done is some fabulous Washington state wines in my bar!! D&%# fish anyway!! I keep going back though, hhmmmmmmm, go figure??

Good luck, but more importantly, have fun!

Gadget

Are the walleyes hanging off the flats suspended,say 4 or 5' off the bottom in 35' of water? What are you guys seeing, as far as suspended or right on the bottom? And does any Bait Shops have any Glow Jigs?

I was only kidding I have been seeing plenty of fish on the camera also and a zillion perch.The walleyes just cruise right by in fact I had a school of 6 swim by one day.The fish I caught a couple of weeks ago were so fat I dont think they have missed a meal in a while.Hey gadget arent you over by Karpens?I fish out of Fishermans Warf maybe we will run into each other some time.Im headed up soon as the wife gets home.Good luck

rmh2o.

Was out of Karpens many moons ago, now out of Cove Bay. (Wilderness Warmth) who's this?? and how do we know each other??

Gadget

I was up last weekend on the east side and the fishing was slow a couple of jumbo perch and a small walleye and a couple of small pout.everyone I talked to had about the same results.I moved my house sunday out to the july bar and am heading up tonight to give it another try.

I have heard the gravel is producing a few fish, but nothing special. We are still catching 3-4 big fish a day with a few pike in the mix also. Nothing great but enough action to keep busy and the size is excellent.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I think there is always some fish biting. With the right presentation and the right spot you can expect some fish.

As bigeyes alluded to...there are two components; presentation and the right spot. Of which I had neither yesterday. After I got off the ice...it was recommended that I should've been on the "big lake" vs. near the bays. Don't know why but I generally take the "local" advice. Lakemaster helped me find good looking spots w/depth changes but I couldn't finesse anything. Good luck and post up after your outing.

Insp Gadget no I dont think we know each other I just thought I had read in one of your previous posts that you fished out of Karpens or the east side.

went out friday night and stayed out there until 6 pm tonight not to many fish except for some jumbo perch witch were nice. but when we got home i found worms in the fish ,has this happend to anyone else.

[This message has been edited by Smoore (edited 01-17-2004).]

I was out on Eileens flat on friday. Seen many walleys on the camera, looked like some keepers, but they would have nothing we offered. had bobbers with minnows, also jigging. Switched jigs many times, wanted nothing. In about 26 ft water, on the edge of the flat, great spot when they turn on I think.
Good Luck

Just got back and no good fishing to report. We got out early on sat. and fished all day on the gravel in the south side and caught 5 fingerling perch, no jumbos. The perch wern't in the same spot either, we moved numerous times only to find nothing or small perch. The evening bite through-out the nite from 5pm till 8 am this morning yeilded one 10in eel pout on the rattle reels.

The one good thing was the breakfast this morn; we went out of Macs twin bays and headed there this morn for some food and found a great buffet, very good food I would def. recommend them if your hungry.

I was up on Rocky Reef on Sat. I could see the walleyes on the bottom but they would not bite I tried everything short of dynamite
Is there any special lure that will intice these (perch filled)walleyes?

Smoore...
There have been worms in the perch there for quite awhile...they are harmless once cooked thoroughly (as in deep fried...umm-umm...getting hungry!) In fact, those worms are full of iron!
...don't throw 'em away!!!

------------------
"Don't forget your carbon monoxide detector!"