• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

runaway sled

ray willmarth

Last night near Rocky Reef watched a Sled with no rider buzz past our portable. It missed us by 30 feet but a Dodge truck was not so lucky. About two hundred yards beyond us I watched it slam into a pickup at about 25 mph. **** lucky it did not hit a portable

What kind of a house was it? someone else lost a purple otter cabin.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

yes the owner of the snowmobile found it wedged under the dodge pickup

I am guessing that the "Sled" is a snowmobile? I've seen houses go cruisin' across a lake, but never a rider-less snowmobile!

True story!!

In about 1969ish, I was delivering newspapers when a runaway snowmobile from a repair shop went up the street at full throttle hit me, then pushed in the front of a old Rambler. My knee got a little messed up, but basically I came out real good. With the law suit society we live in now, I could have been a zillionaire grin.gif

MNice,

A lawsuit probably didn't even enter your mind back then. In those days it was called an ACCIDENT. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

one time i was out trolling in a boat and another boat was coming full bore at me and I thought...man is this sucker going to move or what...but it kept coming right at me...so right before he was going to hit me, i gunned it and got out of the way...i looked over at the $20,000 speedboat as it went by and sure enough...it was a ghost driver.... i followed it and it banged up on shore so i jumped in and cut the motor...then i follow it's wake back to a dock where a lady said her husband was working on the boat from the dock and it took off...he was getting the neighbor to take him after it. weirdest thing because i was the only boat on the lake at the time!!!

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 01-23-2004).]

Oh the stories!!

Another true one...

A few summers back, I used to be the supervisor of the marina at Cragun's resort on Gull Lake.

Anyhow, some guests were staying in a cabin on the south end of the resort with a fairly nice speed boat. The guy had the boat idling on the dock and jumped out to go up to his cabin to get something. Not sure quite how he did it, but on his way out, he bumped the throttle and away went the boat at full speed snapping the tie ropes.

The boat began to do circles out in front of the cabins getting closer and closer to the docks.

It just so happend that the C.O. was at the resort at the time refueling his boat when someone came running up to the marina yelling about what was going on. He, I and my manager went running down to the dock. On our way, the CO pulled out his revolver and was going to put a few rounds into the engine to stop it on it's next pass.

Just before he pulled the trigger, my manager, the crazy guy he was, convinced the CO that when it came around again he was going to try and jump into the boat as it passed the dock wich it got closer and closer to with each lap.

As the boat came back around, he lept into the boat and killed the engine while over 100 onlookers cheered and clapped.

No bull, true story.