• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pigs in a fish house

mrmillelacs

sunday afternoon i rented a fish house from the good folks at liberty beach resort. a nice house too i might add. the problem was the pigs who had the house before us, probably saturday night. not only did they leave 2 bags of garbage and beer cans in the house for us to bag up for them, but they urinated in one hole, and left a styrofoam bucket with a dump taken in it on the ice. on top of all that they left a 14 inch legal walleye laying on the ice, frozen solid, that they didnt feel like taking home. It was house number 2 so if by some remote chance the dink that had this house is reading this, why dont you get a life and stay off our lake, you idiots. sorry for the rant. I think the people at liberty beach have a good operation and its too bad that they had to do business with these bozos

They might have been pigs; but most good operations clean or move the houses for new customers.

I have to agree with "wack a walleye". Not exusing the pigs that left a mess, but if i'm renting a house it should be checked and cleaned,or moved, if needed.

Brian

I think the fish house rentels should be looked at by the owners before a new customer comes; I agree that the mess you make should be cleaned up but if there is stuff in the hole the house should be moved.

I look at an ice house rental the same as a hotel room, so it is up to the owners of the ice house to remove the garbage and make sure the unit is ready for the next customer. Our icehouse had a 30 gal. garbage container and a portapotty that was emptied each day by the resort, and I would assume they emptied it after we left as well. I would not however, leave a bucket-o-dump as a present for anyone, including the resort folks, I would have at least taken that with me.

Its unfortunate that there are slobs out there but it is up to the resort to make sure everything is in order as that is what you are paying for.

Gee Whiz, I though that only happened to me. I think the outfit you rented the house from should have had the house all ready before you got there. Blame them not the slobs that rented the house before you.

I'm in agreement with every one else here. Make sure I never rent a house (I never would anyway) from that outfit. Yeh the guys ahead of time were slobs but the resort owner is a thief for taking your dollars on a house that is in that poor of condition. Did he give you a break $ or charge you full price? Just wondering...

Fishing Fool

------------------
---Drill your hole farther away---

Yeah...I got to thinking about this subject, and a disturbing thought came to mind.
If he rented it to you without ever having checked it, what's to keep him from saying you damaged his fish house?
Or worse...what if when you open the door there's a dead guy holding an unopened Coors Light? Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww! Krikes!

------------------
"Don't drop your keys down the icehole!"

I do have to agree somewhat with the rest, that it is the responsibility of the landlord to check and clean the shacks before they are rented again, but I do also agree that there is no reason for anyone to leave that kind of a mess behind for ANYONE to clean up. I feel that you are paying for the privilege to use that shack and it should not be abused like that.

Just my .02

My thought is---if you see that kind of a mess in and around the house, what in the world might be lying on the bottom of the lake below the holes you want to fish? I would have demanded the house be moved as well as cleaned up.

That is a very good point, and one that my group thought about as well. When we arrived at our icehouse, we only had 2 working lights, the other 2 were broken. So for all we know, the resort could have blamed us for breaking the lights, as we never went over the house with them before we rented it. What's funny is that they admit that once something gets broken in the house, they don't fix it until the following season, but I am sure they charge the customer for it, assuming they know who broke it. When we rented from McQuoid's, they met us out at the house, had it lit up for us, went over the ins and outs of the house, etc. Everything was in good order and worked. The resort we rented from this time, gave us a map and said have a good night. We arrived at the house in the dark, no lights on, and our first attempt to light anything, was of course the two broken lights. You pay for customer service and quality I guess.