• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

12/28 Report

Chiefer

Just got home from the pond----not allot of fish but the ones that did bite were hogs!!! Thanks to Scott & John, I managed my biggest walleye ever----29+ and she had some weight to her!!!!!!!! We did have a dandy Northern---37+ up and half way out of the hole when she cut line and said good bye. As I have said before Scott and his crew are TOP NOTCH. As for the ice, it's tricky getting around pressure ridges all over the place so be careful. SNAPFIZZZZ FOR NOW.

was pretty slow for us unless we put on a wax worm and then the 4 inch perch were steady. did catch a couple future wally's that way too. Had one strange red mark on the vex at 14 ft when we were in 28ft. pulled the pimple up and wiggled it a sec and (insert sucking sound here) I managed to yank up a 26" 6#10oz piggie! Wouldn't normally bother to way a 26er, but she was SOOOoooo fat we couldn't resist. Man was that a nice finish to the day!

Gadget

Thanks for the kind words Chiefer.

The weekend was pretty typical and the bite remains the same. Not a lot of fish but QUALITY fish. This weekend our groups iced two walleye over 29 inches and one over 28. There were several smaller walleye in the 24-26 inch class also.

The pike fishing has been good also, as mentioned above. The biggest pike this weekend was 37 inches, with several others that were close and lots of fish in that 8-10 pound class.

The ice took a little beating this weekend with 10 inches of water on the ice in spots. I still drove on the lake but it is probably not the smartest thing to be do. By Sunday night, the water was gone and the ice looked real good again. I will get a new report and pictures up soon.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I was out on the east side by Flagship, it looked like they pulled every truck off Sat. from there. We were heading out to 6 mile but the bridges were pulled or looked to be pulled so we never made it, 1 small perch 8". seen a few eyes on the marcum, but they never even looked, I should have had water ski's out Pic's of water skiing day after x-mas on the big pond would have been great!

Scott and others that fish Mille Lac's,

Coming from Duluth on New Year's Day and have a few questions for you:
1.Wondering where would be the best bet to go out of? I've been out of Red Door Resort, Twin Pines Resort and Isle area.

2. How far out should I look at to getting on fish? And depending on the answer, is the ice good enough to get out to that spot?

No need to pinpoint GPS spots because I have a GPS and lake map that if you can direct me to a flat to focus on, I can punch holes and look for the 17-18ft depths you talked about recently.

3. What time of day are you getting fish? All day? Afternoon? Evening?

Thanks for the help....very much appreciated!

I fished NE of Eddys from 8 till 5 today. 12 eyes, 1 at 14 inches all the rest were 10 and 11 inchers. Kept the 14. Got about a gazillion perch between 10:30 and 2:30. 4 to 6 inchers. All hits were on minnow heads under a sweedish pimple except my bobber went down once but missed it cuz I was realling up a monster 10 incer smile.gif.

Fishingchester-Sure is a nice pig. At first when I looked at this pic I thought you were in the NW corner of Vinland bay and the camera was facing nw, but it just didn't lay right. Now when I look at it again it is amazing I did not see it the first time. It is 17 foot and rocks right, I bet it is surounded by mud? The best Mille Lacs bite I have ever seen came from this spot 2 years ago.