• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Feedback to helpful Forum readers on rig purchase

Cove

Earlier this year many Forum readers gave me alot of useful feedback as I narrowed decision on my next rig. Though nobody is likely to remember this particular request for help I told myself on the prinicple of it, I would report what I did.
2 days ago I ordered a Lund Pro-V 1775 with E-tec 90, Yamaha 8 kicker, Shorelandr 3100 lb with brakes...pretty fun!
I was going to get the Yamaha 115 but couldn't resist the latest technology and have had a succession of Evinrudes so have the irrational factor. Anyway, keep answering queries...it makes a difference.

Thanks Beretta.
I had a 60hp 1989 Evinrude on an 18 1/2 foot aluminum for my last boat so this new 90 on a 17 footer ought to be plenty of horses for me and certainly less smokey, more quiet, etc.

Sorry to hear you bought into that evinrude crap and the fact that motor is too small for that boat, Salesman saw you coming.

[This message has been edited by Cropeye (edited 12-28-2003).]

" was going to get the Yamaha 115 but couldn't resist the latest technology and have had a succession of Evinrudes so have the irrational factor. "

You must have been sniffing paint.

Those E-tec motors are super sweet. I got to test drive one on a 618 Ranger tiller this past fall. It was awesome! Don't let anyone tell you different. You'll love it!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin