• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Main Lake Flats

eye

Is there ATV travel out to the main lake areas yet? Thanks to everyone who has posted fishing reports! They have been great to read while I'm stuck in my office/prison!!

Thanks for the help Derek. I'll be helping a friend put his shack out tomorrow and we're kicking options around. I don't know if you remember, but I met you last summer on a launch trip you put together. Those spinner blades you gave me worked great! If you have any general ideas as far as a good location for a house, please shoot me a e-mail. Good luck and thanks again.

Hi Derek
This is Ken. I haven't talk to you for awhile. Still waiting for you to get up to Minnewawa. I am coming up Sunday and Monday to the big lake. Any suggestions were to start. I am most likely be on foot. Perch, eyes.
Crappieman

Derek
Good advice on Dickies. Was out there on Monday. I got several Jumbos on dead sticks. other came from genz worm load with spikes. VERY slow though. I marked a lot of fish, but they were locked jaw. I thought after 3 days of nice high pressure weather they would open up, but not the case. Thanks again for the advice. Fished aggrate (sp) reef on sunday. Nothing except a little cigar. I ended up catching it 3 times in a row frown.gif
Ken

Sounds great Ken. You did the right thing buy having some patients. I know we preach alot of mobility, but sometimes the best thing to do for Mille lacs jumbos is to wait them out.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
320-293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Derek Johnston (edited 12-23-2003).]

We did venture out to the mud a couple times this weekend with limited results. There was 8 inches on the flats we fished. Travel can be tricky with the ice shifting. Becareful out there!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com