• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

why hasnt anyone responded to my question???

walliwarrior

cmon gang help me here i know im a rookie here to the forum..but if yall wanna fish in sw mn id GLADLY help you guys!!! Im just lookin 4 a little info thats all! confused.gif

walliwarrior.........

To be quite honest, this forum has been pretty embarrassing as far as helpful information goes. If your going out of dickies, try and get over towards hennepin island and the surrounding structures. If you have a bottom finder lake map you should be able to find some good areas for yourself.If you plan on moving around then that would be the place to start.Gold with white swedish pimples or solid white tipped with fatheads seem to be the ticket.Try deeper water during the day from 24-30+ ft. I'd advise you to ask dickies about getting out to the flats if possible.

I hope this helps. Good luck grin.gif

I would love to be able to help you, but I have been up every weekend since new years, and most of them long weekends. I have not caught a jumbo yet and only 7 walleye that were all way to small. Been to the flats once, several deep gravel spots, even past years honey holes. The fish are there but it's very hard to get them to bite. I have heard lately that pink is the color, but I have not proven this theory. Sorry I can't help, I guess you put in the time and something will happen... eventually. Good luck

Sorry what is the question? I will try to take a stab at it. For what it is worth Wall Guy is right the forum has not done a real good job lately of helping out.

I too will be at Dickies this weekend. We are renting a 12 man shack and a 4 man for a bachelor party. We asked them to move the houses away from others so we don't bother anybody who is actually trying to fish. I plan on fishing pretty serious till dark on Saturday. My plan is to hook my portable to my snowmobile and head to the mud flats. It has been pretty slow everywhere except the Mud. Depending on where they have the houses placed it will be about a 10 mile ride to get to some flats. I doubt with the snow you could do it in a truck. My advice to you if you have no portables or a way to get to the flats would be to grab a bunch of tip ups and get on some weedlines with sucker minnows in some of the bays down there. Northerns are always biting.

Hey Rather be Hunting....I am also going up to the pond for a bachelor party....are we going to the same one? I am going to a good high school/college buddy named Scott H. is that who's your going to as well? If so I am planning on coming up on Friday night and plan on fishing hard all day Saturday as well.....if so let me know would enjoy having someone else that wants to try and get some eye's and perch...I also am bring my portalbe but not snowmobile or wheeler...

That is the one...see you there. I went to College with Scott as well. We did not meet till our last year.

I am bringing my portable which I can tow behind my sled.

I am going up Friday after work it will be about 830 or 9pm

by the time I get there.