• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trophy night

Mr. Pike1

I was out on the big pond on Saturday night with Mykal from the site. The quantity of fish caught was much below both of our expectations however we could not argue with the quality. The fishing Gods were shining on Mykal this fine evening and I quickly took ownership of net duties. Mykal posted the following gems:

Smallmouth- 20"- 5lbs
Walleye- 27.5"- 8lb plus
Musky- 46" and thick- I would be curious as to a guesstimate on weight.

Also went out with Jimmy of Pools 2-4...

Fri night 37" musky, 49" musky, 22" walleye, 26" walleye...

Sat night 26" walleye (my son, go Rian go...) and JIMMY a... well Ill let him post it, but it was huge (walleye) !!!!!

Wally

My walleye was a 27.5" football. The way it fought we thought it might have been a musky. Bob you did a awesome job of putting us on some quality fish!

------------------
Jimmy

Also put a 25.5 eye on board. Not much doing for numbers where we were, but what a great night it was for trolling. I was very pleased with the quality of fish. Pike, your turn is coming. The best fishing is still to come. Must have been the new trolling rod I picked up!

Mike, sorry got your messege a little late. I called back and left one. Was out last night. Still a slaughterhouse! Check your email. Will be back up tonight. What is with the muskie's this year??? Now have 7 in my boat in the last 2 weeks. I did not catch one all last fall.

WALLEYE_GFA Just Curious...what kind of boat are you fishing in? Is it solid dark green? What speed have you been having success with?

Mykal, it appears Bigeyes has been at the right spot at the right time. We have found eyes but definatly not a slaughter by any means. Oh well to quote Al Linder...The fish are always biting somewhere.

Yuppers, are you the red coat man ??? Im the NEA weekender... lol

Got them on rattlin rouges, suspending, 2.8-3.1 mph, 7-8 deep in 10 fow...

Boat is Green Crestliner...

Wally

Red Coat, White Mr. Pike. Thanks for the info! Are most of those muskies coming before 6 pm or after??? Wondering if I shouldn't stay out a little longer!?? Enjoy the weather while you can!

So you were th person I was talking to at the lake??? Thats cool !!!!!

The bite was from 7:45 till 9:45 almost like clockwork... FYI I was using smaller walleye lures (rogues) catching the muskies... pure luck since I was after walleyes, was shocked to catch the skis...

Wally

What part of town you in ??? Tonka here...

Did we talk at the ramp? Sounds like we should have stuck around longer. However, we did stick a "pig" but that was about 4:30.

Those skies must be fun on walleye tackle???

From Monticello

Was someone in your boat wearing a Packer hat?

I was wearing a Packer hat on Saturday night. We launched from the public launch just to the north of Indian point. Am I the guy you saw? We did ok on sat with nine walleyes with the largest being about 24", a 19" smallmouth, 32" northern and a 42" musky. We're calling it the grand salami for the four species caught. Are you guys having luck without the moon?

Anyone fishing the north end this weekend. I will be in a blue mr. pike with a 130 yamaha. If you see me, stop by and say hi. Would like to meet other members when there is a chance. Good Luck to all

Right place, wrong day. We were up on Friday. Congrats on the quadfecta...those are some dandy fish

It was actually Friday we were up. I've got an Alumacraft trophy 170. We actually launched at around 5:00, I think.

It was actually Friday we were up. I've got an Alumacraft trophy 170. We actually launched at around 5:00, I think.

Thanks esoxman. Hopefully we still have a good 4 weeks of fishing left to get into some decent fish. All depends on Mother Nature. Pike, I will be heading up this weekend and fishing with Bigeyes and Alphid. You able to come up?

[This message has been edited by Mykal (edited 10-24-2003).]

I will be lucky to get back up this year...but I wish you all the best of luck. Keep posting those updates...I like to here about those musky encounters.

Dhenry we must have seen you at the ramp and on the lake there were only a few boats out there! Good luck and keep us posted.

------------------

Mykal, Mr. Pike will not be able to go up this weekend. My Back is out and I will need to give it some rest and medication over the weekend. Give me the report on how Alphid, Bigeyes, and yourself do. I hope one of you get that 30 incher you are chasing.

This is a late report, but last Sat we fished big pond from 8am until 10pm. We started fishing for smallies--zilch..we noticed perch tugging on the bass jigs so we scaled down and caught a bunch of nice jumbos to take home. Believe it or not we caught some really nice bluegills--that's right, bluegills. We trolled HJs from dark until 10pm and caught 3 eyes--24" 25" and 29". Also, during the day had lazy follow from about 52-55" FAT musky.