• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shore fishing Mille Lacs

I was wondering if anyone knew any good shore fishing spots on the west side of Mille Lacs? I've been around the lake a bunch of times but i've never actually fished it. I wanted to get some ideas to plan for the fall walleye bite. I'd really like to catch some smallies too. I thought where the Rum River comes into the lake might be good for walleyes. There's also a creek that comes in pretty close to the wealthwood boat landing but thats more on the north side. If anyone has some ideas let me know. Thanks

Sometimes when we're just camping at Kathio, we'll go to the spot across from the convenience store/subway just south of Eddy's. There's a place to pull off the road. The expectations are usually low but I've had mixed results with the kids. I've also walked out in the winter from there.

My guess is that the State Park at the start of the Rum could be good off the Jetti by the cemetary. I have had some success off of Eddies at night throwing raps in the fall (sinking and suspending). The nice thing about Eddies is that it is lit up which brings in bait fish.