• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prior Lake???

We have been fishing off Sand Point Beech past the island in 37' with NO luck with anything??

Any pointers?

Thanks and good luck.

take a turn north. there is a bay at the north end, several houses there though. Do you have a flasher? Scout around, the crappies should be out in the hole your at, suspended. The sunnies seem to be everywhere I have been 25'of water. Use flurocarbon and small jigs #10's or 12's. Let me know if you need more help.

hey pike, depends on what your fishing for.

i'm fishing only for walleyes and on the nights i choose to fish the bite has been ok. you can't go out everyday and catch a limit, try to choose your days you fish that have the best weather patterns. i can't get out everyday, but the days i can get out i want them to be the best it can be!

i've been playin with the eyes in about 13-14ft of water on the flats with almost no one around me. i'm using minnows with #8 to #10 size jig on my rattle reels, just lett'n it hang there like a dead stick. hope your luck changes, DOGG

Thanks for the input. We have a permanent house and just want it on some fish at this point. I see Candy Cove is getting busy but havent been in there. For now crappies/sunnies would be a good time. It would also help out on not drinking all my beer so fast if there was something bitting.

Thanks again.

Dogg where are the flats your on? If you can give any hints.

Later.

im not fishing up north but i'm on upper. big area not far

from the bridge, heck the waters so clear this year you

can see bottom.

Liar: Were you talking to me. I dont know but i moved the hose into a little deeper water around 22 instead of 15.

Thanks for the information.

I will update after we move after the game.

Go Vikes.

lucky dogg, where are you diving on the lake at? the only accesses I know are the public acesses. is there access closer to where you are fishing then that?I don't think i work tomorrow and was thinking of giving that area a try. just didn't want to have to drive all the way across the lake if i didn't have to.

Lucky Dogg, I was out driving on the lake sunday, had no time to fish but did venture out towards your location on the ice. What time do you head out there at night? my problem is that I can't head out until after my kids go to sleep, which means I wouldn't be on the lake until 8:45 or so..... I figure I would drill my holes in the 12-15 foot range and then wait for things to settle back down, or would I be done right then and there with all the noise I made drilling and setting up. I got skunked today on Fish Lake, but it was the first time there and I think I know my stategy for my next trip out there...

Pike- going by the map I have been fishing NE of the island in 20ish feet. The city of houses has spread down that way and made the bite tougher. I was out on sun. about mid 3rd quarter of vikes game. It was fairly quiet until 4:00 or so. The first hour I caught quite a few sunnies, most smaller than earlier in the season. (my guess was the cold) I did get a few nice crappies. But as usual, 4 seems to be the time everyone comes out to drive by at 40 mph, move their house, or make a ton of noise while seeting up or packing up. Then we have the moron patrol that sets up their generator on the ice. The fish were still biting a bit, until the generator was put out. Then the fish went away. I would like to see generators banned from being put on the ice. I have told seveal people to move em. To me it is harassing fishermen, which is against the law. Sorry, it still makes my blood boil today. THAT IS THE MOST ARROGANT/IGNORANT THING YOU CAN DO. Mess up other peoples fishing, "I fart in your general direction sir."

okay I feel better, I think.

ouch...that is why you dont fish on the weekends if you are sensitive to noise. weekends=crowds and noise, and how else are they going to watch the pats vs. colts game without the generator.

i'm getting on the lake using the south access and the bite has been from 3:30ish-5:30ish, after that its like the fish went to sleep.

last nite i had out my luckycharm "metrojoe" and agiain the highly sought after walleye stopped on by, you got to love luck! i'll be out tonite also but i'm done fishing by 6:30 or so. if you see me out there drop in and say "hey". later DOGG

kodiak, I don't have a problem with generators. JUST NOT ON THE ICE. It's really bad with no snow. I really don't think that you are okay with people doing 30-40 mph near houses. I hope not. There is now or little snow. You cannot stop in time to avoid hitting someone. There is always the normal noise from people coming and going, I don't have any problem with that. You want to watch the football game fine. Scream, yell, do whatever. But don't mess up others fishing with the generators. If you don't care about others, don't expect them to care about you. If someone is running a generator on the ice, I will tell them to put it up or shut it off. (I have done that several times this year already). Sunday I just left, it was close to my time to go anyway. I'm not sensative to noise, just people who don't give an f about others. To many people just let others get away with stuff like that. People need to be told. I'm not a jerk about it, just tell them what is going on. If people did that more often, there would be less of it going on. Plenty of people run tv's, lights and what not on batteries. Again, it's just a lack of consideration for others, that works BOTH ways. The generators are not just during the weekend.

i am not in disagreement on the speeders on the ice, that is one of my MAJOR pet peeves on ice behavior. But that is something that should be controlled by the law, but generators are part of ice fishing for some people, yeah they are noisy i can see if they pop down right next to your portable you could say something but that doesnt mean they have to shut it off but they SHOULD and not be a-holes about it. CRT's in the tv's hogg too much power for a battery is probally why most people run generators. Yeah unsafe driving can lead to some very baddd accidents, but the lake is public so noise is part of it i guess, but i am not condoning setting up by people that dont have generators and pulling theirs out and starting it up. So i hear you there, but banning them..no. So what do they say when you tell them to shut it off, are there some guys that dont turn it off?

I went out to prior on tues. fished in 14fow. fished from noon till 11:00pm.only caught one crappie at that spot.got to watch a northeren circle my shinner 4 times and just look at it.Saw some sunnies and perch but couldn't get them to bite.someone in a two tone blue truck drilled a bunch of holes across the channel from me in 10 fow. I went over there and took a look before I went home, caught some sunnies on waxies.

Some gall ran into one of the bridge pillers while i was there.Some guys that went down to look said the car looked pretty messed up.

I must not be quite in the right place. where I was fishing there was no one near me. lucky dogg. I was driving a blue ford conversion van and blue protable. what you driving?

Quote:

Some gall ran into one of the bridge pillers while i was there.

Whatt!!! You mean driving under the bridge??? ON the ice?? Thats no place to be driving a vehicle.

hey 789, i'm in a ford truck! sorry i didn't see a mini last nite. where we were at last nite the bite was slow and lite, only two eyes. keep lookin, you'll find the right spot.

kron i told ya my friend drove under the bridge last year in a full size truck. he's not all that smart.

later DOGG

Are you talking about the wagon brige? I thought that didn't freze up too well. Got the house out by twin Island today, did well enough to want to keep it there, though all the fish were small and put back for next time around.

lucky dogg. I was close to the bridge on the left side. The sunnies I caught were on the right side in 10 fow. full size ford conversion van.

yes the gal tried to go under the wagon bridge.from what i heard she saw clear ice and thought it was open water and slamed on the brakes.

I'm not sure how long a job i have on thurs. If it isn't a long job I may go back out to prior again.

it looks like Friday will be the next nite out.

i'm hoping that the snow sticks around and the weather stays steady. the fish should be puttin on the feed bag tonite and tomorrow! hope the eyes make a pass or two by my shack, i've got plenty of good stuff to snack on.

see ya on the ice, DOGG

DOGG -

I'll be out as well. Might be going out late tonight even so that I can move the shack slightly so that Friday I can put tip-ups out next to rock pile for eyes and still be legal distance and have the shack over the crapps and gills.

I've been looking outside all day and just wishing I was fishing smile.gif

hey korn, that sounds good. make sure you drill an extra hole for me, one thats got a few fish in it!

i'll make sure i sneek out to the shack so i don't scare the fish, later DOGG

just got back from prior. fished north end of upper,just north of the last group of houses. only got one bite.I'm thinking I was on the wrong side of the houses now that I look at the map.

I'm going to go try orchard on fri. maybe I'll find some fish. I've only been on that lake once.

kodiak,

sorry for sounding like a jerk. I'm not. I have offered to help get the generator up off the ice. I don't have a problem with people using them. When I said not ON the ice that is what I meant. Put them up on the pickup bed or on something to muffle the noise. When they sit on the ice they make to much noise in the water. I realize tv's and such need more power. A few of the guys were just using them for a couple of lights. I say it nice, I don't expect someone to not have power for their house. Just be considerate of the others fishing. grin.gif

Lucky,

Where are we going to move korn's shack to???

I have a few ideas. Thanks for the entertainment the other night. Kornfish has my number and email address. Give me a shout anytime.

Later,

WWG

Fished Lower Prior last night out from the Sportsman's access in about 20 or so feet of water and had pretty steady action with the sunnies from 4:00 until around 10:00. The crappies moved in around 6:30 and I caught 4 small guys in a little over 10 minutes. We moved to a perm in around 17' and caught a few more sunnies and one crappie. Still marking 'em when we left around 10:00. Small ratfinkee in size 12 with euro's were the ticket.

hey wwg, i was thinkin of puttin it down by the bridge, you know, the spot on the flats. lol

can i drill 10" in your house Korn or is it used to your little 6"! haha

i'll be free to do it saturday after 2pm. give me a call and let me know when your free. later DOGG