• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Off Road Travel

Mudflap

It has been windy and a few more inches of snow has fallen since last Sunday. Can anyone tell me if one can still venture off into non crowded/non plowed areas with a 4 x 4 vehicle?

I like to keep from getting corraled in by late comers and listening to constant auger noise.

Thanks, Mudflap

I was there 1-11 thru 1-13 you could travel almost anywhere in 4wheel high. watch out for some of the drifts but otherwise its fine.

yes we were up the 11th and 12th too. i'd say another 4" snow on wed by the time we left wed night. but could still get around ok but wouldn't take off cross country! with wind that came up thurs. i'm sure there are plenty of drifts that will cause problems.

It is still drifting real bad today but the Mazda still gets around with out any problems so you guys with BIG trucks should be able tie enough of them together to convoy and get off the roads. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for the info...I have much respect for the big lake after doing stupid things in cold and windy weather.

Kelly, I'm sure you've come across fisherman in predicaments on the ice that make you wonder if they any common sense.

I love to fish, but I also like to keep my fingers and toes intact. My son wants to get up this weekend after seeing the results of past trips last week. I'm kind of leaning towards starting a warm fire and watching some football. However, I did bring the Vikes luck by ignoring them and not turning a radio on the lake last weekend.

Do guys really tie rigs together to get to their honey holes?

rigs, houses, rigs to houses, houses to rigs, each other.... been there done them all! The best was wayching Kelly lasso the labshack and haul it to a honey hole! grin.gif I can still remember the house giving birth to a healthy, bouncing 220 lb, fisherman when it stopped!!! wink.gif

Good Luck!

Ken