• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

boot dryer what do you use?

BandB

Question

just a question about what type of boot dryer you guys use. I personly use the dry guy boot dryer and it will dry wet boots in about 2 hrs. They are a bit on the spendy side but well worth it about $90. dose any one else have one that works as wheel but cost less money I need to get a nother one

9 answers to this question

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I use a peet dryer and love it for boots. I recomend buying the glove attachment also it comes in real handy.

I have and like the Peet. I also have a Peet propane one for when I am out in the bush.

I use the peet dryer and although its not real fast it is better for drying leather out. Leather needs to be warmed and dryed slowly so that it doesn't crack, split or get tough.

I think the Peet one is $30. I also use the glove attachments and 2 sets of extension tubes for my chest waders. Great product.

Tried posting last night, apparently it didn't work confused.gif

I too use the Peet. Have one for my gloves and one for boots. I also have the wader extensions too.

I have put dripping wet hunting boots on that thing at night and worn them the next day, that's not too slow for me!

Are the propane ones as good? I've always thought they were a nice idea for somewhere like an elk camp where electric may not be available NOTHING worse than cold/wet feet, just impossible to stay warm with that problem.

I built my own out of 2" PVC pipe. It uses a hair dryer and can dry soaking wet boots out in a couple hours max.

I built one also for about 5 bucks, doesn't need to be plugged on either, so you can use it anywhere. I bought some cheap plastic tool boxes, then got some 1 1/2" pvc and a small chunk of plexiglass or similiar. Went to axman and picked up a couple muffin fans, wired them to a 12v battery and presto. I made about 6 one year for all my unlces and cousins cause they liked mine so much.