• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Beef46

Does anyone know anything about this lake at all? Looking at the DNR website, seems like it might be decent.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Probably won't fish it until open water season.

Thanks

Bass_Bully

Haven't fished Shields in a few years. When I did walleyes towards the island where it drops into about 20 feet of water. Great for panfish and is also a decent bass lake. Many houses get put out there in the winter.

delmuts

beef. i only fish the lake in the sumer, but from what littel the guys have said for ice fishing; northern, check out the bay to the nw. you have shallows leading into deep water , then on to a flat towards the center of the lake.for walleye, work around heron island to the east. get yourself a map to find some of the break lines, flats as places to start.

Beef46

Thanks for the info guys. It is appreciated. Like I said, I probably won't get out there until the summer but the lake looked intruiging to me.

Thanks again.

delmuts

beef. in the sumer, pay attention to the wind. if you have a strong southerly wind shields can really get rocking ! i then go accross the road to mazaska. my usual routine for panfish is to check out the breaks, flats for active fish. you will mark lots of fish, but finding the active ones takes some looking at times. for bass and northern, we look to the weeds or the end of a weed lines next to deep water. on shields in the open water we usually try the NW bay, maybe behind heron island or around the south shore. we have caught bass along the shore by the boat ramp also. the panfish maybe found on the flats or over deep water. mazaska ; kind of the same things. we have caught bass and northerns in the south bay; along the north /NW weeds, and straight across from the boat ramp. we have done well at times on roberds for bass and panfish. for walleye i'm not much help. del