• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South Center Crappie WHOAH!

I'm heading out to South Center on Saturday and I'm looking for the spot where the crappies are biting. I prefer GPS coordinates and what bait I should use at what depth. Is there a certain time of day I should be out there?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

I have been doing well in the day. Wax worms have been getting a lot of fish for me. Most of the fish I have been getting have been in 15 - 20 FOW.

Two good GPS locations are:

92.82096, 45.37719

92.82448, 45.38090

NAD 83

Why anyone would give away GPS coordinates, especially if they arnt communtiy locations is beyond me.

GPS coordinates, depth finders, hooks that glow and rattle, underwater cameras, fancy fish houses, and every new gadget or technology do not catch fish.

I was taught that the secret to catching fish was....

(to be continued and finished by future posters)

dsludge

Quote:

I was taught that the secret to catching fish was....

(to be continued and finished by future posters)

dsludge

To fish for your own fish.

Next.

To fish for the experience and joy of fishing, the actual catching of fish is merely a bonus for patience....

Next

It's a game of can I beat the fish today. I would much rather find my own spots than go sit in a community hole.

If someone chooses to give out coords. it is not for me to criticize. For all we know it's coords to the biffy grin.gif

I hope its coords to the bait shop and to the landing.....

I agree that catching the fish is the hardest part for most, but who comes out and says "tell me everything I need to know so I can fish tomorrow".

Im not against giving advice/helping people, its just this guy came in saying I want coordinates, bait, fishing depth. You also want someone to bait your hook?

If this is not a well known spot that was given out and it gets swarmed with people it will show him not to post or tell random people of your spots. There are lots of people who just cruise the board looking for info like this but dont contribute.

Sorry if im coming across like a jerk.

Hey I recognize those! They are the coords for the fresh and frozen seafood at Cub foods.

Well just to let everybody that's reading this that I am serious about fishing for fun and not uptight like people can get. A friend has been watching this site and commenting on how a lot of people are uptight about everything and attacking people. Fishing should be about fun and enjoying the great outdoors. (even if it's indoors) I didn't expect to see GPS coordinates considering they don't look real cause they're too perfect. IE 92.000. (FYI I skimmed through the posts.) I knew no one would give their favorite spot out. My cousin in-law kept bragging abou this AWSOME fishing spot "2 lb CRAPPIES." He kept bragging and I knew he was waiting for me to ask "WHERE," well when I did ask he quickly replied "It's a secret." WELL THEN! Why brag about the fish you caught or will catch and not expect someone to ask "Where were you fishing." Yeah now I'm uptight but people need to relax and have fun. I'm sure everybody isn't going to abuse your spot or god forbid fish in the area you fish all the time. Go ahead and attack me after this email I just needed to see what people would say if I asked a question everyone knows not to ask. (see topic post) Thanks Have a great day.

Good luck fishing. I'll probably stay in Saturday. Too (Contact US Regarding This Word) cold!

Signed

Max Goldman

(Grumpy(ier) Old Men)

(I know I can edit my post) MPESTER I'll check out the GPS coordinates sometime. If it's a joke then I do think it's funny! If not I'll keep it a secret (unless it's in the middle of a shanty town)

DSLUDGE I was taught that the secret to catching fish was on fishingminnesota.com. LOL I'm kidding!

BDR I like your attitude! I am one for finding my own spots also.

POWERSTROKE as you now know I was going to fish on Saturday but not expecting to get an exact spot cause I can just go to Pancake.

TURN UP THE FISHING - I could use another person to bait my hooks! wink.gif I know what you're saying about people crusing the board. I wouldn't worry. South Center isn't a secret! Thanks for saying you're not saying it like a jerk. Before I finished reading your post I started with "We're not terrorists" LOL Hopefully no hard feelings!

Ice Shack - Good one...I'd rather get the coords. for a bait shop.

That said! Thanks for posting! Good luck fishing.

Howwedoin: As I was taught by a master of the obvious, the secret to catching fish is...

...sticking a fishes favorite food on a sharp hook tied to a strong string and serving it to a hungry fish willing to bury the sharp hook into its mouth...

...Of course, the obvious is somewhat simplified...

...Study, practice, learn, teach, then repeat.

dsludge

Don't know if the fighing is any good there, but the coordinates are right along the edge of the 109' hole in South Center smile.gif Good luck.

-92.82096, 45.37719

scenter6fu.png

dont know if this is going to be any help or not, just figured that I would give my feedback. I personally think its a blast to just be able to go out to a lake and catch fish. I think that its even better when you can go out and put in the man hours and find your own personal hot spot that no one else knows about. I am only 23 years old and have put in a lot of time on the ice, probally more than most people. Ex.. A few years ago a budd and I were going up ice fishing on mill lacs and didnt have the slightest clue where to go or what to do. We figured it would be a bit arogant to just go and ask for secret spots or cordinats. So what we did was, we purchased a good lake map that had a good detail of lake structer and went to work from there. With just an auger and a vexilar and gps we picked a spot on the map and started drilling around a spot that looked good. Sure enough with a bit of fine adjusting a few yards here and there, we go along a good break and mixed bottom. I have to honestly say, I dont think there has been one time that we have been up there after finding that spot that we havent done great fishing. These are the spots that no one ever talks about, and for a good reason. A lot of us have them too. Anyway, to me it is all about the hunt and trying to figure out where the fish is going to be at that given time etc. Well, good luck all!

Jeff

Notinbut: Another good secret to catching fish!

One of the reasons I go fishing is to get away from people. I visit two "community spots" where a couple of my buddies keep permanents, but mostly search and find new ones. To do so my most useful tools are the map, the vexilar, and the Stanley 30 foot steel tape.

dsludge

ds... I know where you are coming from when you say 30' steel tape. We used to do that a lot before we could afford our elecronics. It does work though. Anyway, good luck all!

jeff

notinbut: I use the tape mostly to "feel" the bottom. Sunday found a nice hard bottom with a 7 foot drop from one end of the fish house to the other and found Walter.

dsludge