• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How have folks been doing on Calhoun? Are they shallow or deep? Saw two guys out on the south end last night driving home. Would have liked to been out with the front approaching. May try and get out Sunday if it is not too windy. Tip-ups for daylight and then move deeper for eyes at dusk.

AJ,

Welcome Back.

EELPOUT Fest is on again for this year. Keep plenty of beer in your Cabin, so I can break in and drink it all.

Abuddy and I have hit Calhoun the last two nites in a row, haven't got anything to show for it. But that is how it usually goes in the winter out there for me at least. Tues. nite we fished the south end by Thomas Beach. I missed something nice on my tip-up, most likely a wally judging by the teeth marks. I did connect with a 'ski on my crappie jiggin' stick though. It was only about 25in.,but with 4lb. line on that little whip it was a good battle. Funny thing was I actually pulled it out of a different hole than I was fishing. There where 3 holes punched pretty close to eachother, I was fishing through one and when it came up first it tried to come up the one that was frozen over. After a minute of finagling I freed it from there, well then it tried to come up another hole next to the one I was fishing. that hole was still unfrozen so I just let it do it's thing and it swam right up the hole, it's head was far enough out that I was able to grab him by the gill no problem.

Anyways, last nite we hit the west side by 36th St. and we got zero. We only tried for a couple hours and didn't have any fancy electronics with so I can't say we gave it 100%. There where quite a few people out there, maybe they did better, who knows.

Just bought my first Vex last nite too, I can't wait until this cold snap is over so I can go play with it. Maybe in the bathtub?....

Thanks for the post GG. I hope to get out Sunday night, unless it is below zero. Man it's cold out.

I have also found Calhoun is on or off. Will post my results when I actially make it out. Purple Otter house if anyone sees me.

I was fishing out from thomas beach on wensday I believe(before the chill) and had little luck. Was fishing on the side of the point, where it drops from about 10 to 30 ft in about as many feet. Was getting no action out of any depths for any fish until I moved a little more off the point and then all I could manage where perch until sundown, although they were decent in around 16 ft. Once dark hit it was dead. Good luck

Well, I will finally get out on Calhoun tonight. Feels fishy on the weather situation. Plan on setting up in deeper water for eyes (25-30FOW). Any last minute advice? I'll probably be on the north-east end with my portable. Will post tomorrow with results.

Beautiful night on Calhoun. Unfortunately, very slow. I set up from 6:45-10pm. 31 FOW. Using fatheads. Picked up one small eye on a tip up in 25 FOW. No lookers, no bites, no anything in the portable. Even tried shallower for a bit and had nothing. Maybe I'm too deep? I fished the northeast end, near the boat launch. Couple more folks on the east side, closer to 36th street. Too far away to check on success rate. I think they were on the large underwater point that sticks out from there. May try to go back on Sunday in another area.

AJ,

At least I am not the only one with a bite or two

No one but me is in my house Sat, and I am moving to a panfish location Sat AM, you are more than welcome to come out.