• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wednesday Walleye

i was out last nite doing the same thing i do all the time,got the radio on, cleanin up the house, put a little wood in the stove and all of a sudden a hear the brake on my pole start to squeal. thank goodness i didn't have it set to tight, so i dash over to my pole and set the hook! game on! after this fish swam around the other line in my house and about 4-5mins later with my knees startin to shake, the hook straightened out! don't know what i had but it was big and all it did is take take take line.

know that i've redone my lines i start to fish again, and again i get another bite, 16" wally, another bite, 16" wally, looked like brothers. another bite, 14" wally, looked like little sister, another bite, 16" wally and it went that way all nite until it stopped snowin. one fish about every 10-15mins. even had a half dozen perch in the mix.

kornfish we need to hook up so i can help you out with your problem! (no eyes) and metrojoe let me know when you can get another day pass! later DOGG

Are you giving up your location!! grin.gifgrin.gif Sounds like fun. I'm glad someone is nailing'em!!

Great story! You gotta love nights like that. I've had a few of those myself. It's what makes you keep comin back for more.

Dogg - You had to rub it in that I couldn't fish last night didnt you :P

Next week lets hook up. I will email you when I find out the days that I can get a fishing pass confused.gif I think I can get 2 for sure during the week and possibly 2 more for the weekend smile.gif

Way to go Dogg, Sounds like you had a little action. Perfect size for a walleye sandwich.

House still at the same spot?.

Let me know when you’ll be out there. I’m booked Saturday but either Sunday or Monday is a possibility. Probably should get out there when the bite is hot. Drop me a mail or post here what your plans are. Hopefully this cold snap doesn't shut them down.

hey Korn and Metro i'm thinkin the next nite for a good walleye bite well be... you can meet me at my shack and yes it's still in the same spot Joe. i'm free by two most afternoons and to the shack 2:40ish. the bite has been good from 3:30 to about 5:30 then it shuts down. let me know if you can make it that day monday and i'll give ya a call or email with directions.

if you don't know what you're doing but somehow are in the right place at the right time you can still go without catchin any fish, just ask the guy in the house next to me! lol later DOGG

my guess would be that the fish will be kinda still for the next day or two. conditions were perfect yesterday but now - well i think we all know that a cold front has moved in. stay warm boys

Perfect timing. Hungry fish. And, of course, nothing beats practice. Just ask a doctor, they're always practicing.

dsludge

you'r right joe, had a couple of the eyes stop by the house again tonite. i used a different good luck charm tonite called "kornfish", he shows up and the eyes came a knockin.

i was wishin for a little more action tonite but the wind was a bit strong, the next two or three nites should be some good fishin with this warmer weather. good luck to all the readers out there, later DOGG

Thanks for having me out there DOGG.

even though I had to suffer and watch you catch the eyes, it was sure nice seeing someone was getting them. I'll be trying your tricks this weekend for sure.

I didn't do too well last night for the crappies after I left your shack. One crappie and bunch of gills. Changed the set up over for eyes with the rattle reels around 9. had a nice eye on right after midnight. Then the fat lady sang and I lost it trying to turn it up the hole. frown.gif

hey korn, thx for stoppin by. sounds like you needed me at the shack to help ya with that big one. look at it this way, you can try to catch her again, all winter long!

i'll be out on friday nite catchin a few more eyes, give me a call when your ready and i'll drop by for the crappie bite at your shack, i'll let you catch the fish this time. later DOGG

Ya... Dogg has got the magic touch.

Gonna have to try and steal that top secret bait attractant he uses next time. grin.gif

I'm heading out to Medicine tomorrow and Saturday, but I'm sure I'll be out that way next week sometime.

hey joe, that top secret fish bait i'm using is still doing the trick! this week i was out three times and every nite the eyes came sniffin. it was a good week to see a few eyes on the ice.

let me know when you can get out next week and i'll let you use some of my fish bait. if you could, please bring out some more of that tasty pickled pike and i'll bring the crackers and beer!