• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

centerville?

has anybody been out on centerville lately. my friends went out there on sunday night and cought a mess of crappies.

I've been wanting to get out there all year. Any size to the fish? What depths we you guys fishing?

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone give me some general information about Centerville. I've never fished it, but thought I'd give it a try this weekend, I've got a lake map and read the DNR report. Are there multiple access points? I read there are springs near the pump house that weaken the ice, can you drive on that part of the lake? Is anyone having any luck? Thanks in advance!!

Centerville = Zoo

As does Peltier. They've been really overfished from what I've been hearing, and quite crowded. But if the bite is on, it might be worth a shot.

Pan fish bite has been good not much in size though from what I have found. Fish on the out side of the zoo and you will find fish. Bite for eye's was good until the deep cold hit. South end 10FOW off weedline. Key was to set up by 4pm and be away from anyone and trafic.

Fished Centerville last nite. South end anywhere from 8-16 feet deep. Two bites, one tiny bluegill. We set up away from the crowd, not much action!!

FISHED CENTERVILLE HUNDREDS OF HOURS , INLAWS LIVED ON THE LAKE.

AS FAR AS A SPRING BY THE PUMP HOUSE, NOT THAT I AM AWARE OF

BUT IT IS A FRESH WATER INLET FOR THE ST.PAUL WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM. YOU SHOULD BE FINE AS LONG AS YOU DONT DRIVE WITHIN SAY 25 YARDS OF IT. THE WATER IS PUMPED THROUGH THAT LOCATION SO THERE IS A CURRENT AROUND IT.

AS FAR AS FISHING IT, WELL LETS JUST SAY DRILL YOUR HOLES 10 ft FROM THE WEST SIDE OF THE PUMP HOUSE AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN CRAPPIE'S SHOULD BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

IF YOU WANT WALLEYES, GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE ON THE EAST SIDE WHERE THERE IS A OLD SUBMERGED SERVICE ROAD THAT WENT FROM THE WHITE HOUSE ON SHORE, SHOULD BE THE FORTH HOUSE FROM LEFT. OTHERWISE TRY GOING TO THE NORTH BY THE OLD WATERWORKS BAR WHERE THE PELLITIER RUNOFF COMES IN TRY AROUND 35-40 YARDS OUT FROM THE BASIN.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME POSTED.

Fished it last night. Caught one small crappie, my son caught a nice 10 inch crappie. 16 feet deep, several bites. fished from 4pm to 8pm.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.