• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

different ice house brands

minndonn

Question

I am looking to buy a basic retractable ice house 6 1/2 X 12 with an empire furnace 3 windows. No bunks or cabinets. Anyone know the differences between the brands. Am looking at King Crow, Ice Castle, Trophy, Road King or any other brand. Problem is getting around to see them. Would appreciate any information I can get.

8 answers to this question

I live close to where they build King Crow's. They are excelent fish houses, probably top of the line, but more on the spendy side I think.

A buddy of mine just bought an ice castle and he likes it, the only thing I dont like about it is that the heater is under one of the benches. I told him it will be a pain to get under there to light, but he showed me the "electronic ignition". Nice, if it works. I've used way to many BBQ grills with that crappy "Electronic ignition" to trust it for the long haul. Otherwise it's a nice house.

Dont know much about the Trophys, actually never heard of them.

you will get a lot of info on this site about Road King since they sponser this site. I believe there is a link on the top of this page for these houses. Never fished in one though.

I'm sure you'll be happy with any fish house you buy, for the most part they are the same.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have to disagree with Farley,

most houses are not the same. There are some very real manufacturing differances. Some houses are built cheap to get out the door and will need maintenance or even re-building sooner such as the Ice Castles or Ice Pros (same house) or you can go with the better houses such as King Crow or the Ultra Shack. You can also go with top of the line houses like Road Kings or Snow Bears.

In the case of Fish Houses you will normally get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap and quality costs a little more.

You can see the Road King info by CLICKING HERE for more info. Once you have that info go ahead and compare.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It wasn't a plug. Ultra Shack and King Crow do make decent fish houses. smile.gif

Just bought a Performance Engineering house this fall. Can't find anything I don't like. He is located in Glencoe.

Well I just purchased a Emperor. It was a display house from last year. Liked the steel siding and it seemed really solid.