• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

S.t. do you have any ideas on grand I was in 17 fow and it was slow then we moves it to 10 fow . there we got northerns and it has slowed down. do you think the oxygen is depleating for them? do you think they are moving deeper? We haven't got a walleye all winter and only one perch. confused.gif the northern have been in the 30" range and fun to get. any ideas about depth would help I also told my Buddy we should get away from the crowd. grin.gif Thanks in advance Nels

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nels, if you haven't gotten into any eyes or crappies I would move. Things have slowed a bit for me where I'm set up but we're still getting some eyes and crappies. Your kinda in the middle of the pack so a move to the outside and on the fringe of the deep water would be a good move.

I can't complain about the number of houses out there since I'm one of them. grin.gif The best bite overall has been after dark but theres some days the day bite is just as good. If you want to do a little hunting for new water out there let me know. I might just pull up and move too.

If you are getting only big pike then that might explain why you are not getting walleyes and crappies. If big pike are in a area there usually is much of anything else. They don't want to get eaten.

ST I was out there from 6:30 till 9:30 Monday night and zippo not a bite there were about 6 other guys out. If its not to cold Saturday I think I am going hunting for new area. maybe east toward the tower. Ive heard there are spring on grand do you have any idea where?

Thanks andy j: I was thinking the same thing. but they sure are fun. grin.gif Nels

Just got back from Grand. Not a bite in 4 hrs. We were at about 12 feet, thinking of moving the house deeper tomorrow.

Bad news man! I was hoping anyways.

I think i am taking off work around 3 or 330 or so and heading out to Grand tomorrow. If you come out later than that, give me a call on my cell. Hopefully i will have some good news for ya!

Right on. Maybe I can sneak out of work early and find some deeper water. I wish I had my Vex would be a little easier

I might twist my left hand enough and purchase an aqua-vu tomorrow before i head out. Some units i know tell depth, so.....who knows.

Maybe i will have some beginners luck on Grand!!!

That would be cool Papa. I might have to pick up some new blades for the auger as well its getting pretty dull. Do you have one you can bring?

I have a 6" hand Strikemaster...pretty sharp...i'm bringing it with....

If you need it....its all yours.

Hexum wear abouts were you fishing I left about 9:15 I have the old tent trailer with the American flag on it Im right next to the plowed read.by the y in the road. I talked to two guys in s shack that is for sale. nice shake too. Nels

Northern that was us! If you are out tonight come stop by again, we should be out by 5:30 or so. Papa - Cant get out of work early but I will call you when we get out.

ok. I'm still going to get off of here around 3-330 or so and head up. Probably going to bring a few sticks of deer sausage and grill 'er up. If you want to grill something...i'll have it with

Did you find a way to make some skids for the house?

I have some ideas, but I dont want to mess with it in the dark. I would have loved to get the shack moved before the snow tonight but oh well. I will bring some stuff out to grill also. Do you have a ice chisel? I lost mine and it was not fun getting the holes open in the house without it.

Might try grand again on Sat morning. Anyone go out there today? Have they plowed the ice roads yet?

Hexum My buddy Mike was at Grand today about 11 am He said that some one plowed the road but it was wind blown in places. its cold so be carefull. it wont take long for a gut to get ints trouble. Im going out sat noon and will have my plow on Nels

I hope to be out next weekend Brett. I'm out of comission for the week. I blew the transmission on my truck pulling a (Contact US Regarding This Word) tow truck out of the ditch.

He was called to pull a cop out that was stuck, and he got stuck doing it. Didn't even get the cop pulled out. I pulled the cop out no problem, then went to tackle him...thinking my truck is big and bad....well, i got him unstuck, but i broke the winch off the back of his flatbed, and also broke 2 of his tow ropes/straps.

I put the truck in reverse and slammed on the gas before the truck had a chance to switch gears, so it slammed into gear real hard and crumbled into pieces.

New transmission is on the way from Minneapolis, and Northstar says its all under warranty, thank god!

Its a Ford, thats the problem smile.gif

We are going out tonight for a few hours. Crank the heater up on high.

Ouch. I blow the 5.7 Hemi's out of the water! That's mopar power for ya! hahahaha

Actually, i think it was mostly user error. One time when i took about a 5' run at it, i put the truck in reverse and gunned it, hitting the gas before the transmission actually had time to shift into reverse. So basically is slammed into gear...and was toast after not.

That sucks Papa. Did you ever get that camera you were talking about?

ST - We are going to move the shack tomorrow morning. If you are out look for a red Ford Ranger and a gray GMC Envoy.

We are set up right next to Nels

The shack for sale isn't that far awyay from me. Nels looks like you moved your shack into another direction? Fishing was slow for a while tonight but I managed a few eyes for a meal.

Hexum, email me. punchboss at hotmail dot com

Northlander, I haven't been able to get into my hotmail using Internet Exploiter. So yesterday I formatted and put on a fresh install of Windows and started using Mozilla as my browser.

Now that won't open Hotmail today today. confused.gif

I'll call you after 11 AM

ST

U have mail, but it looks like you cant check it. We are on our way out to the shack right now. Should be there most of the day listening to the game.

S T I haven't moved the house yet. what time were you out? My brother bob and I were out for 3 hr on Sat am and we got 5 more northern. with one going 29" lots of big fish this year. but not one eye. frown.gif lots of snow on the lake I still think Im going to move some place. Nels

We moved our shack over to the other end found some deeper water. At about 16 ft or so. 2 small northerns today, also no eyes for us confused.gif

Going to try again tomorrow PM. What is everyone using for bait?

Hexum which way did you go from Me I going to move the house on Tuesday night. I will probably just move out to 16 ot 20 fow. which would be strait of the back of my house about 50-70 yds or so. Nels