• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JIGGIT

Springsteel

JIGGIT

Has anyone been out of springsteel with any luck. I would like to give it a try this weekend. reports coming in from almost everywhere else. I have had success in the past but have not been on that side for a couple of years.

boener

Hey Jiggit,

For some reason that side of the lake keeps quiet for the most part. The one to ask would be Fisky...he usually has some good knowledge as to whats shake'n over there. I like that side also and usually fish over there with or without reports and 9 times out of 10 do pretty well. Mr. B

yendor

JIGGET

I havent fished springsteel aera yet but out buy buffalo it has been ok fishing. Around rudys in about 17 to 18 ft is not to bad right know I know a guy that fishes that aera and he has been getting them over there

goldeye

Fished out of Springsteel Jan. 8-9. Sat we fished the Sandbar in 15 fow, between the 5 of us we caught about 40 eyes, only 5 were keepers, lots of 9 inchers. A couple of perch and 3 pike (not much size in any of the fish). The bite really picked up from 1-3 on Sat.

For Sunday we tried the rock pile out of Springsteel, fished in about 21 fow, fishing was slow, very light bite, see them on the Vex, just not much of a bite. We ended up catching about 20 eyes between the 3 of us. Again, many smaller fish, the biggest being 13". We did manage a few perch, and two large pike, the one we landed was 36" and the other one we couldn't get him to come up the hole, got to see him many times under the ice, he was all of 40

" + after about 30 min of trying to get it through the hole, we used the gaff to knock the hook out of his mouth. Good CR I guess, would have made for a nice picture.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• james_walleye
      DLD I'll keep rigging as long is I can keep catching good fish but entering into August I'll start to pull leadcore more.
    • Wanderer
      Ace, honest question here with no intent to debate, just learning more about muskies. What surface temps do you consider to be too warm for handling muskies?
    • DLD24
      What are your guys favorite presentations this time of year? When I come up I've mostly rigged.
    • CigarGuy
      Thanks Brian, the ratchet straps worked great.... quick, easy and secured it tight. I bought a bunch of big zip ties that it looks like I'll never use😀.
    • BrianF
      CigarGuy, cool pic. Looks like a good time/place for a cigar. lol. As far as securing your dock sections, some folks use bailing wire.  That’s what I use. Heading down in a few minutes to secure mine before the next storm takes sections away. Man, the water is high! 
    • kelly-p
      hal.docx
    • CigarGuy
      Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas?  This was supposed to have been posted last night.  A couple of ratchet straps and I'm golden. Molly the dog is helping me watch my bobber 😀 Two eagles and 5 loons, no fish!!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Fished Big Pine Lake today. Original plan was to fish the Kettle River, but the rain took care of that. I had fished big pine from shore, below the dam, years back and done well, but this was the first time I’ve ever taken a boat out there. Nice lake...looked to be about 2 feet high. Didn’t catch anything until about dinner time, when crappies started chasing schools of minnows on the west shoreline. Caught about 50 of them. I just happened to have a small twister tail that was almost an exact replica of the bait they were chasing, and that was the difference maker. My dad caught a decent pike that went after a little crappie he was reeling in. Was disappointed we didn’t find any bass, but I’d come back here again.
    • delcecchi
      Saw one up Norwegian bay tonight with like 10 basketball size rocks.   Never had to do anything with my old dock since height was adjustable so got no advice there. Posted 3 pictures to be sure I got the right place.  Bits are (nearly) free
    • CigarGuy
      Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas? Just got up here. Road construction sucks.....four hour trip took almost 5 hours.  Thanks Del, back end of the boat was out of the water last weekend. Do you guys use zip ties to secure the dock boards, big rocks or ?...…any good ideas?