• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

crappieslapper

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone can give me some info on ice conditions on this lake? Will be in Silver Bay for my boys hockey tourney, and would like to do a little fishing between games. Just want to find out if the lake is driveable, any bad spots, thickness (driving a full size truck, etc.. From a previous post you guys mentioned fishing across the lake from the access, so that's where I'd be looking to go if possible. Thanks in advance for any word.

picksbigwagon

We fished it one weekend last winter and there was a good sized ice house community with a road plowed out to it. the lake is a little green and it seems to have a lot little panfish, I have fished a few times in the summer as well. bring along your tip ups and look for about 8-10 feet for the tip up and sit in about 15 feet. the lake is pretty weedy straight out from the landing. if you head southeast from the landing and head towards the opposite shorline 2/3rds of the way down on the opposite shore the water does drop off to about 30 feet or so....that is the only deep part there is in that lake. Check out a map book at gander mountain and memorize it, there really isn't a lot of rock piles, etc. the far south east shore line has a rocky bottom by shore and the area in front of the landing is weedy and not a lot of rocks to speak of. Hopes this helps, oh yeah, red glow jigs worked really well last year on the crappie and perch.

crappieslapper

Appreciate the info. Nice to hear there's a road plowed out. Now it just depends on the weather. The temps are gonna be dropping off, and I sold my shack last year and haven't replaced it yet.

Thanks again!

MnIceman

I was up there over New Years. There is a lot of snow on the lake and some slush . There was a plowed road but it only went to a couple of fish houses. I did not get out fishing ,was working on my cabin and can see the access and plowed road thru the trees from my front window. My cousins kids have houses out there and had been catching a few northerns and perch. Was going up this weekend but everybody backed out because of the forecast .

crappieslapper

It's not looking good this weekend. Just too darn cold. The fish will probably shut down too.

Oh well, have to hit it another time. Thanks for the info though.