• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jbell1981

Green Mountain Lake near Buffalo

jbell1981

I havnt been able to find any info on this lake on Lake Finder. There seems to be more people fishing it than years past. Whats being caught out there? Any other info about the lake would also be great.

~Josh

TeeDee

Couple miles East of Target on 34. The pond on the left before Schmidt Lake.

jbell1981

I know where it is. I was wondering any info people have about it.

duckbill

I think that it was used maybe for a rearing pond for walleyes last year. I could be wrong be though.

Duckbill

borchawk1

Quote:

I know where it is. I was wondering any info people have about it.

lots of fishing for very few bites. People will occassionally (and I'm being generous) catch a small walleye out there. More bullheads than anything else.

BackHerUp

The word spread that it was a walleye rearing pond...but that was years ago, according to my brother-in-law (who used to live nearby). He laughs as he drives by it every year, because people still flock to this slough thinking they'll catch something...you'll catch small crappies, small sunnies...but as mentioned above, lots of bullheads. The same thing's occuring now, over at Millstone Lake (former DNR rearing pond). Except that it's totally depleted...

jbell1981

thanks for the info everyone

dewoutdoor70

was on millstone monday and caught my limit of eyes,so that tells me there are fish in it

swampman

way to go Duane! if you were sight fishing during the day did you see any sunfish go through?

BackHerUp

...well...then "depleted" blush.gif isn't the proper word. Let's say, umm..."hit or miss". I missed, and so did everyone else (7 groups that day) that was there when I was...must have been a "moon phase" or something... grin.gif

Coldwater Crappie Guy

Yep stay away from this lake! It is not worth your time!

borchawk1

Quote:

...well...then "depleted"
blush.gif
isn't the proper word. Let's say, umm..."hit or miss". I missed, and so did everyone else (7 groups that day) that was there when I was...must have been a
"moon phase"
or something...
grin.gif

I made the whole thing up trying to get you guys that know how to catch fish to devulge your secrets wink.gif Just kidding, good to know someone is catching something though!

dewoutdoor70

look for the greenest weeds you can find,the sunfish are on the other end of the lake,caught a few small ones no keepers