• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

To all you Packers fans

grip-em+rip-em

The best way to stop the bleeding is to grab a block of cheese and head to LOW this sunday to fish. Nibble on some cheese, drink some beer and jig your rods. Us Minnesota boys will be off the ice with our limits by then watching the Vikes dismantle the Eagles.

I was in a state of shock when the Vikes won, and I'm a Vikes fan! Would've bet good money that they would lose, but I'm glad they won, and that I had no takers on any wager!!!!

fiskyknut

atta boy gripem&ripem. I loved that game. I loved Moss' mooning to those cheeseheads. I can't believe the announcers were so disgusted. Screw em. A fake mooning and they are upset, wouldn't even show it on sportscenter. But, they will show Jake Plummer flicking off the crowd, they show favre grabbing his crotch and telling the eagles to do you know what. But they can't give Favre enough love. On the highlights on ESPN they talked about Favre and please don't go out this way. The guy has been a choker for 5 years now and they still treat him like it was 10 years ago and he is a superstar. Are you guys fishing next weekend?? I think we are going up.

Hey Vikes fans, good game. Despite the previous mishaps this season, you came through when it counted. I still don't know if either of us will/could have made it anywhere with our defenses. Nevertheless, good luck and represent the NFC North.

As for me, I think the only thing that has a chance to "stop my bleeding" is a 10lb LOW Walter. I already tried the cheese and the beer. Neither worked.

JH frown.gif

Finally a Packer Fan that accepts defeat with a little class. I for one being a Viking fan hope that this is not the last of Brett Favre. He might not be the Favre of old but still more than capable of getting the job done. It was not the Packer offense that is killing them!! Go Vikes!

Yeah congrats on the big win. As far as a reply to your comment about chokers, how many superbowl rings does culpepper wear and your randy moss is just a really fast JERK. I dont blame anyone for not wanting to air ANY of his displays of idiocy, And that hair of his should be illegal.

If Daunte would have thrown that (I guess you could call it a pass????) people would be calling for his head. Hey MN fans we've got the best QB in the conference. Brett Favre (I'll admit, maybe the best ever) can be the worst QB in the league on any given Sunday. He's more hot/cold than the Vikings. I lost 36 bottles of beer betting on the Vikings over the Packers throughout the year, but the one time I didn't wager, I should have.

You have to bring up old s^%t don't you. Now I suppose you'll go back to the superbowls the meatpackers won in the stoneage and brag about those. Like I said in my earlier post. Favre had a couple great years. I like the way he plays the game. But he has been horrible the last 5 years or so in the playoffs....AND HE WAS REALLY BAD YESTERDAY. He isn't going to win anymore superbowls and the packers are going to make all of you cheeseheads remember the 80s again. Give Culpepper some time and he too will have some rings. As far as Moss, the only (Contact US Regarding This Word) reason you cheeseheads don't like him is because he's been rippin you guys apart for 6 years now. The media hates him cause Moss won't talk to them so they have to badmouth him all the time. As far as his mooning, I absolutely loved it. I don't want to hear how classless it was either. The story behind the whole deal is that some of your cheesehead buddys have been mooning the Vikings bus for years when they are leaving the great Lamblow field. Moss was giving a little of that back to them. Tony Dungy was on the radio this morning talking about it.

But it is nice to have the "old sh$t" to bring up, what do you have for superbowl memories other than blown playoff mishaps. Its obvious favre is and will always be a more accomplished quarterback than culpepper, so hes on a bad streak, SO WHAT, jump all over it, I dunt care cause in another week you will all be bashing your own team cause they blew it again and on and on and on for next hundred years. Blah Blah Blah, youll lose next week, and if they dont, theyll lose the next week, if I end up being wrong, good for you but ive got my money on not. smile.gif

Yeah, I agree that it would be nice to have a superbowl under our belt. But why don't we bring up the fact that in the only playoff meeting between our two teams the meatpackers are 0-1. The Vikes are 1-0. End of story. And no, Favre isn't better than Culpepper will ever be. Culpepper is well on his way to outdoing Favre. He will soon have the team to do it with. You guys are on the downturn. Who is going to run your team when Favre retires? Your D is as bad as ours was and your qb is on his last leg. Are star players are all 29 or younger. Like I said, get ready to remember the 80s buddy. Cause I do. The sacred grounds of Lamblow (where Moss mooned your drunk, orange clad fans)were like a wasteland. You couldn't fill that stadium for a Monday night game. Its all coming back real soon.

As a Vikings fan living in Packer territory I have to admit to loving yesterdays game!! I hear all the time...'you've never won the big one' to which I reply; we don't care if they win the big one. All we care is that they beat the packers! And that they did. Go Vikings.

Well said 12lb.

The Packers might have won a Super Bowl or two in the stone age and one in the '90s, but at least the Vikings have never taken an entire decade off.

My favorite part was when they wouldnt shut up about Moss no longer being a threat because of his ankle and he still scored on gb best cornerback.It shut them up at least.As far as the mooning it couldnt of happened at a better game I loved it.What more could you ask for limit of walleye sauger and perch and ending packers season.good luck fishing. grin.gif

Will someone refresh my memory. what was the score of the game on sunday, and who is playing this sunday? Bretts had his day...it has come and gone... the only frozen tundra or frozen anything that mattered was the cold, frozen stares of the packers players and fans as they watched their season slip away, at the hands of a better team. It was a beautiful thing.

Q. What's the difference between a Packer fan and a bucket of yak vomit?

A. The bucket

Just kidding, you guys got your two but we got the one that counted. What do you think of our defense now?

grip em and ripem. I gave the boy from the cities the ultimatem today. I don't think he's going to be heading up. Its too cold for him and he doesn't want to spend sunday driving back to the cities. He will let me know tonight if he plans on going or not this weekend. If he doesn't go I believe we will only have 3 in our house so if you'd like to go with us you are welcome to. Of course you know you'll need to bring plenty of $20s and your own 3 cases of beer. I think with this coldfront moving in we will need a lot of poker to keep us entertained.

Yeah, Im still trying to figure out what I should do. Ive got our house over at Springsteel and it sounds like the fishing was alright over there last weekend. I think going mobile and fishing over by Gull Rock is the way to go to catch fish. If I go with you guys I will make alot of money but will be hungover for 3 days after I get back. I have to go to Phoenix on monday morning and could use a little extra coin for the trip.

I second the notion that you'll be hung over for 3 days. But I have to disagree with the one about you taking our money. It is a proven fact that if I give you just a little Vodka that I can retire early. That is my plan. Feed you beer all day and give you a few vodkas at sundown and then just sit back and collect $20s all night. I kind of doubt that Corv will go but he is going to let me know tonight so I'll let you know ASAP

Taking decades off???? where did that comment come from and please explain cause last i rememeber, it was the 60s or 70s the last superbowl the queens won??????? Anyway I hope they make it all the way and get a ring, thatd be pretty cool for MN.

You were the one who wanted to bring up all the titles that GB has won. Since you were bringing up old sh%t I figured I'd bring up the fact that the Packers didn't win a division title betwenn 1973 and 1994, thats 20 years (or two decades for the packer fans). You guys had a nice team in 96 but the only reason you ended up winning it was because you brought some free agents that worked out perfectly for you. Favre was traded for, you bought Reggie White and Desmond Howard played out of his mind for a month (you bought him too). Favre WAS a great player for a couple of years. He hasn't been the same for about 6 or 7 years. Once he kicked his drug habit he had a couple of good years and he has been streaky ever since. He has been dreadful in the playoffs for the last 4 years. And about Daunte, he is way ahead of Favre at this point in his career. In 96 Favre had 39 TD's, guess how many Daunte had this year......thats right, 39. Daunte is only 27 years old right now. He can run better than most rb's in the league, Favre never did run. But anyhow I am done arguing with you on a fishing board. If you want to argue with me some more come to www.vikings.scout.com and my login is touchdowntommyk. I will argue Vikes vs.meatpackers with you all day there.

Now that was a good one Shad! I'm still giggling as I write this post.

If you packer fans didn't giggle, at least a little, then you just don't have a sense of humor.

Why the heck would I want to argue with you, my girlfriend is a vikings fan shocked.gif but all that aside im rooting for MN this sunday but on the other hand, I will try to be the first to point it out if they lose, thats just the way this whole rivalry thing works, no offense intended or taken. smile.gif

Hey bareback...Thats what we call jumping on the band wagon...We'll welcome you aboard, but all packer fans get to the back of the bus.

WHOOOAAAAAA!!!!!! I am not jumping bandwagons here, just rooting for the north, otherwise, Id be done watching football crazy.gif