• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who said this?

Cove

I am hoping someone out there can tell me which fishing scholar I can attribute this perceptive statement to: "The charm of fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope".
Somebody out there know?

------------------

Sir John Buchan (1875-1940):

John Buchan was born in Perth, the son of a Free Church of Scotland minister. Shortly after his birth, his family moved to Fife, then the Gorbals in Glasgow. He received his higher education at Glasgow University and Brasenose College, Oxford. During his studies at Oxford, he published five books and many articles. After college he pursued as successful career as a barrister, Member of Parliament, writer, soldier and publisher.

Bryce-

You are stealing my lines now. Come on, why post that question when any decent search engine will answer that question. Speaking of 7 of 10.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid, is no way to go through life"

One of my favorite lines from Animal House. Dean Wermer was ripping on Flounder , aka Dorfman , for a poor GPA. Then Dorfman spewed chunks all over the desk. Great scene. LOL
Dino