• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Circus on the Flats

bigeyes

After mostly light pressure the last several winters out on the flats, the circus has arrived. I don't recall pressure like this on the flats since I have been fishing the lake. Not complaining, it is always fun and I am happy to see plenty of people who support this great hobby! Anyway to give some prespective Saturday looked like about 150 houses on 9 mile, about the same on 8 mile, maybe 50 on 7 mile, 50 on seguchi, and a few hundred around the boot/greg's area. With maybe a hundred or so houses scattered on various other smaller spots. Last winter other than Boot there were only a handful of houses out on the rest of the flats so a really big change this year. With over 85 mudflats to choose from there is still plenty of room and spots to try. For 2 years in a row now the flats are mainly supporting short fish. I don't beleive the bite was very hot Saturday, but most folks caught something and some groups undoubtly did very well on these 8"-13" walleye. If anybody got into the perch I would love to hear about it as we only hit 4 jumbo's all day. The bite has really slowed down over the last week, which is what Milly typically does this time of year. I would expect things to continue to slow down as we hit the deep freeze. Good Luck to all.