• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
icefishing

Browns Lake

icefishing

i was just woundering if anybodys catching any crappies put there. wht depths r they bitting at,wht time they r bitting at, and wht are they bitting on. if u can help me that would be great.thnxs

Bugg

Are you talking about the Browns Lake between Richmond and Edenvally?

icefishing

yes i em if tht is ok.

IceHawk

Browns is slow right now, but here are some areas to try for them. I would start straight out from the access in around 25 ft or so. Another spot is to the S of the access there is a nice weedline that holds them I usally look for them along this edge in about 27-29 ft. This lake tends to show a strong bite during the evening and early morning hours although I prefer to fish it during the day. A thing to remember Browns has a reputation for nice crappies but over the years the population has been taken down and alot of smaller fish are present. If you get into a school of the bigger fish please practice CPR. Keep a few for a meal if you want and release some of the bigger fish back for the future.

ducksnbucks

Great lake to catch fish, I have an uncle that lives on there and I fish it quite a bit. Definetly have noticed a decline in the size of fish over the past few years. The fish had a great year class a few years back, lots of crappies in that 9" range. That south end is a great place to fish, I tend to catch mine suspended 3-6 feet off the bottom. Good Luck, Ding

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Pat McGraw
      The guy I bought our place from had an 1/8" cable right down the center of the whole dock. I'll likely move towards a more invisible, section by section approach. However, the full length cable setup has been effective and not as intrusive as one may imagine. Really easy to fasten all the sections at once. May be able to see in the attached
    • DLD24
      Headed north to a little perch and walleye lake this morning. The day didn't start the greatest, go to take off from the landing and the boat porpoised like a mofo... Ah crap forgot the plug haha haven't done that one in a few years... The day got better from there, we found fish stacked up on the wind blown weed line... There were so many fish I assumed they were schools of big perch, but they were mostly smaller walleyes with some real nice keepers mixed in... Crawlers under a bobber were the ticket... They would hardly touch a leech.
    • bbfenatic
      Many of you FM long termers remember FisherDog from way back...he used to post all the time before he moved to Florida.  He was up for a couple days this past week and we got on a good crappie bite in the area, he is a Crappie Guru and man we worked hard but had fun...boated well over 100 in 2 days on the outside weed edges...many absolute Donkeys. Kept a few smaller ones so he could have a fish fry for his family...couple of pics...he's in the blue shirt.
    • ozzie
      Any action out on Gull?  I have tried a few times and have had some success pulling rapalas but finding areas void of weeds is getting harder and harder.  Just curious how others are fairing out there.  I am thinking I need to get out there during the day and try small jigs and 3" minnows as that is what have been in the guts of the fish we have cleaned.
    • ozzie
      I have a buddy that has a cabin on the lake and he will fish the walleyes over deep water and also in the weeds as they seem to relate to both at times.  Seems like a hard lake to pattern but he always seems to catch something out there.  Good Luck
    • Hoey
      ...oh and I ran into Fiskynut on the Lake as well as the Point following Striefffs too.  
    • ozzie
      so just curious how is the water situation in the area?  the document didn't open and I don't get up in the area as often as I would like but I have heard of quite a few storms roll through the area.  I know the sentiment earlier this year was it was gonna take a lot to get things going in the right direction, so has that started to happen or still way below normal?  Thanks
    • ozzie
      Sounds good!  I won't be up this weekend but in the future I will look for ya!  I am in a couple different boats but a Lund Tyee is what I would be in most often with a 200 merc on the back.
    • Hoey
      Not to mention that some of these boats had doubles on the biggies, so they could select the heaviest or caught another biggie after tagging one.  Our boat did not get a biggie.  We had over 24 slots for the day, our biggest was 25".
    • Rick
      Women can hike to spectacular views of autumn colors and Lake Superior on the horizon during a three-day fall workshop that teaches a variety of outdoor skills through the Becoming an Outdoors Woman program of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.  Getting to that view includes 330 feet of elevation gain on the Superior Hiking Trail – the kind of physical and mental challenge known well to Jo Swanson, trail development director for the Superior Hiking Trail Association and the keynote speaker for the fall workshop. “One of my themes is empowerment – learning to overcome fears of adventuring in the outdoors,” Swanson said. “We live in a culture of fear and people react strongly when women go on outdoors adventures, especially when they go alone. The truth is that with planning and preparation, the outdoors can be a very safe place.” The fall workshop is Friday, Sept. 14, through Sunday, Sept. 16, in a new location this year at Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center near Finland, Minn. Attendees will hear from Swanson and Minnesota state park naturalists. Session topics include Ojibwe heritage, Voyageurs, archery, canoeing, and the animals, plants and geology of the North Woods. Linda Bylander, coordinator of the Becoming an Outdoors Woman program, said that along with the new location, the workshop offers a new selection of classes this year. “Women who attend the fall workshop gain a whole range of experiences in a supportive environment,” Bylander said. “We chose dates when the fall colors should provide a beautiful backdrop. The workshop is designed for women ages 18 and up but girls ages 14 to 17 are welcome to attend with parents or guardians. Visit mndnr.gov/bow for more information and to register. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.