• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MOSS!!

JHansel7

Well, cant say he didnt play hard today, and who cares, after everyone bad mouthing him i would have shown my @$$ end too.

Hes DIFFERENT! come on! wink.gif I didnt here about the mooning, he can be immature 90% of the time, he wins games for us though

please please trade moss, i dont care how good he is, im sick of puting up with his crap wouldnt hurt me to see him go

If your offended by what Randy did today then your spending to much time in front of the tv. Get a life! Go Vikes!

Just watched primetime. They spent twice as much time talking about Moss and whether or not Favres career is done as they did talking about the actual game. What a freakin joke!

i hope moss hurt his ankle so bad hes not able to play next week and we blow them out then people will see we dont really need him, get rid of the stupid fool embarresing to all vikes fans

I don't condone what Moss did, but gimme a break! Everyone is carrying on as though he actually dropped his pants and mooned the crowd. Moss is no worse than anyone else in the NFL. How many balls has he given to kids in wheelchairs this year and we don't hear a thing about that, but he does one admittedly infantile touchdown celebration and everyone's ready to crucify him.

Roadrunner, I'll admit, when Moss hands the ball off to a fan I appreciate that. The thing to ask ones self is, why does Moss's negative antics appear over everything else the team does? I mean, Culpepper has the best season as a Vikings QB, and if it were not for a player by the last name of Manning, Pepper would be MVP. Yet here we are talking about Moss's antics.

I have fun with my kids doing the Pepper 'get your roll on'... I'd never say 'Hey! lets do the moss moon!'.

I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Again, I'm not saying I condone it, but if they are going to come down on Moss for this particular incident then the league needs to start cracking down on on-field celebrations in general. The "Moss moon" didn't do anything to help anyones perception of Moss's intelligence, but I think the guys who celebrate after every routine tackle or catch look just as ridiculous as Moss did today. I also think Fox Sports and ESPN went out of their way to dwell on it after the game as well. Of course Moss's interview earlier today on ESPN didn't do much for his cause either mad.gif

I just think moss has a sense of humor. When he did the fake mooning. I started LOL. The whole room bursted out laughing. The general public and football fans and commentators every just overanalyze what he does. He is the best natural athlete/football player on the field at any given time.

I'm still laughing about it! Moss owns the Pack and their cheesehead fans and he knows it. He gets their goats and loves to rub it in their faces.

NOW THEY HAVE A WHOLE OFFSEASON TO BE WHINING SINCE WE ENDED THEIR SEASON TODAY!!!!!!!!! smirk.gif

Most celebrations are just that--a celebration. Moss's intent was clearly to incite and insult the fans at the game. I would have to believe that if this isn't over it, it's pretty close to the league's line regarding conduct.

Was I offended by his display and now I'm going to stop watching football? No.

Do I think it makes Moss look like a bonehead? Do I think it takes attention from the accomplishments of the rest of the team? Does it send kids the wrong message? Does it send the message to other teams and the fans that Tice doesn't have control of his team?

Yes, yes, yes, & yes.

I guess nobody here really mooned anybody when they we're in High School. I did. I think it was great. Trade Moss and everyone would start saying what a mistake.

Go Superfreak

I saw the Moss mooning in my local Legion club. The place went nuts, and I got a good laugh, initially.

Randy's problem seems to be that he can't stop thinking about himself, or think further than 5 minutes down the road, let alone seasons to be played in the future.

While I am glad the vikes won, it is antics like this that could possibly harm the team in the future. Remember when he squirted the official in that Rams game a few years back? He did not get any gimme calls for a while after that one.

I can't believe people are making such a big deal about this. The fans taunted him all game, a little payback in a fun way never hurt anyone. He could have done a lot worse. I mean, it's not like he pulled a Janet Jackson or something. I think the media, especially the Fox show guys, got on him hard becuse Randy ripped them for saying what they said about his previous game antics. Besides, they are all looking for ANYTHING to rip him on. Get over it.

I totally agree Tom. Those Pack fans rode him constantly and then they say he had no class for reacting??? It was all in fun and its not like he actually dropped his pants. Good grief some people need to lighten up!!!

It's funny, I turned my head to play with our puppy in celebration after Moss's touchdown. I hear Collinsworth then say that he did a disgusting act to the crowd. I was thinking "oh crap, what'd he do, give them the bird, or yell obscenities?" I then saw what he did on the replay. This is going to get just as blown out of proportion as walking off the field with 2 seconds left. Go ahead, make him mad, see what happens. You know that Packer fans taunt him from the stands, (even though that is no excuse for rude acts) I found the act quite harmless.

Also, Trade Randy? To who? You can't trade him to anyone in the NFC, that would be death. I like him just the way he is, arrogant, self centered, and probably the best receiver in the NFL. Don't forget we are talking about an organization who gave the Vikings a big slap in the face last year for parading around the Arizona reciever. I didn't exactly see any class in that. We certainly didn't hold a parade for the Saints.

Mosses shenanigans were in no worse taste than the spoof ESPN did about Favre running around naked all the time during the winter to prepare himself for playing in the cold weather (a piece I thought was funny). It was a little hypocritical of them to show that piece and then blast Moss for his actions. If anybody else but Moss did what he did, it would not have garnered this much attention.

People are getting WAY too wrapped up in his celebration! Did we forget this is just a game, not just business?

If a group of guys are out playing street ball and a player moons the others, everyone would laugh and it would be done. Here in the NFL you cannot express yourself in fears of tarnishing the great "name" of the game. If a GB player had mooned the dome crowd, I wouldn't take offense in the least bit. IT'S A GAME!!

Might as well call it the "Non Fun League". That's the way it's heading.

96 trigger, You are right on with your statement about the packers organization being classless when they paraded the Arizona WR around like a god! Even if Favre does not retire (as he should) he is no longer the factor he used to be dispite what GB fans WANT to believe. Is Dougie Peterson the answer? or is Couch coming back again? The best part about this vikes victory is that they will still get a higher draft pick than the packers!! I love it! grin.gif

I think Favre is still a darn good NFL QB. I think the biggest change in the past few years is the demise of the Packer Defense, which has continued to get worse over the past few years. Favre pretty much had a "normal" year by his standards. Not really different statistic wise from years past, so I don't really see why people are calling for him to retire from that standpoint. In NFL rankings this year he was 4th in TD passes, 5th in Passing Yards, and 10th in Passer Rating. Other than a few QBs like Culpepper and Manning and maybe 1 or 2 others, I can't really say "Boy I wish we had (insert other QB name) instead."

buzzsaw

relax man, you didn't win the superbowl! but then again you viking fans wouldn't know what that feels like so you'll take what you can get!! wink.gif

Ottoman, whatever makes you feel better about your teams beating yesterday.

I guess Fox had an interview with Tony Dungy regarding Moss's mooning and he said he understood it to be an inside joke between Moss and the Packers fans... I guess that it's a ritual that Packers fans stick around after games and moon the opposing teams players as they exit Lambeau in the team bus. I guess he was just giving back what they deserved! You must be one of the guys that drinks a quart of vodka and moons players as well huh?!