• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
GreyGoose

Tonka Crappies

GreyGoose

Me and a few friends are head out on da tonka tomorrow, I was just wondering if anybody has been fishing for crappies. Seems like everyone has been chasin' the 'eyes, and not findin them.ha ha! I shouldn't poke fun, I've only been out twice this winter and got skunked both times. Anyways a quick report on ice conditions and fish activity would be a great help.

bassman186

Hey GreyGoose:

Me and some friends are heading to my house on tonka tomorrow afternoon around 3pm. we have done really well for crappies this year. We're off Goose Island. Call me up if you care want some more info. 952 210-8092

~Matt Jung

Realtor Boy

Hey Bassman-

Are you talking about the Goose island just outside of spring park. If so thats where I have been going for the last few years and have been doing quite well on the crappies. maybe we will see you out there. Good Luck

Mugsaway

Hey Realtor Boy,

I was out yesterday in Spring Park Bay and didn't get anything. With four guys we had 1 bite. Electronics showed how deep we were---that's it. No activity. Was I just in the wrong spot?

We were moving from 14 - 22 ft of water between the landing and the Island (off the flat from what I was told).

SportFishin'

Mugsaway & Realtor Boy,

I'm on Spring Park Bay just off of the landing. the Crappies bite at night into the wee hours,Eyes are an hour before and after Sunset, Northerns all day. I'm in 24FOW & Deeper

Goodluck & See you on the water.

Chris

jeffyo45

Hit the North Arm last night with a buddy on the 34' hole. I managed around 35-40 fish from 5:30 to 9. He and his 6 year old son oly managed 5 fish total and they were only 10 feet from me. He was messing with a couple of new toys, and obviously supervising his son. A camera that apparently doesn't show anything after dark and a LX-3. Anyone know why he would have had to have his gain turned up to around 6? I have a LX-1 and I usually have mine just over or under 2. Anyway, for good numbers of fish I would recommend the North Arm. I managed 8 decent size (7-9"ers) table fare fish. We drove out, I'm not exactly sure how thick the ice is but I would guesstimate 16+. I was set up in 30 fow. I caught my first 20 or so fish on minnows early in the night. Then for the heck of it I tried a waxie and caught my next 15-20 on waxies with maybe 1 or 2 on minnows mixed in. Anything glow worked.

dsludge

Thanks for the tip. Never fished North Arm on solid water. Jigging bottom to top? About what depth are the fish? Suspended high or low?

dsludge

Realtor Boy

spring park has been ok for me but I have been doing better past the firt island(goose). No eyes over there just northerns and crappies though. 22fow

jeffyo45

dsludge

I was marking fish anywhere from the bottom all the way up to 10'. Was fishing in 30 fow. The active fish were coming through from 15 to 24 feet. My suggestion is give North Arm a shot. Plenty of crops to be caught.

dsludge

Thanks. Map shows a 50' plus hole on southwest side, a 40' plus hole in the middle, and an almost 30' hole just NE of the point. All productive? The one on the SW side looks like great walleye structure, see any?

dsludge

bassman186

Realtor Boy:

Yep thats the Goose Island I'm talking about. My house is out there. I was out last night with Crappieman848. It was slow, we managed to get a few crappies, but it was nothing like the bite we had the night before!

~Matt

Realtor Boy

Bassman-

Yup thats where I am. the action was a little slower. You really had to intreage them into biting. Caught 2 limits thx to the vex. they couldnt decide weather they wanted minnows or waxies. probably caught the most on waxies. the action was slower but a kept a few really nice sized ones compared to when the action was better.

Michael8129

Out tonight (gave up on the vikes and they win anyway) and fished out between enchanted island and howard's point 21 fow, Caught about 30 crappies.. man never seen so many almosts kept 2 everything coming up off the bottom nothing suspended. Never hit a minnow just a waxie and a jig. and barely a tap. Maybe a slow night. I want to hear the bpbbr go POP!

bassman186

Anyone been out lately? Its been a little too cold to keep the house warm, but what about others, any luck?

~Matt