• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Northlander

Ok guys Ive had the Flu for 4 days going on 5 at 3pm. I have tried everything that Walgreens recomended and nothing is doing the trick. Im drinking tons of water and Gatorade but I can only hold down some soup and Pudding. Any recomendations? I got to get better so I can make it to Winni Saturday!

kingr

alka-seltzer cold in hot water does it for me.

wormburner

What ya need to do is, sit down and put one of your favorite fishing videos into the vcr and press play, have the wife give you a nice relaxing neck or back rub and then grab a bottle of raspberry snapple and sip it real slow, and you will feel like a million bucks!!

P.S.- If ya don't feel any better, at least ya got a neck rub from the wife while watching fishing! grin.gif

Hope ya feel better Northlander.

Northlander

Kingr Ive been using that and its not working. It usually does for me but I got it bad this time. Im just going to find a fishing show like burner said and drink plenty of fluids. Its gotta ened sometime. Doesnt it? confused.gif

widetrack

Big coffee mug, 3+ glugs of brandy, stir in piping hot water, and add ample amounts of honey.

2 of these should put you sound to sleep.

If not, add a benadryl and it will.

Good rest seems like the only cure.

WB make the CUT

Nlander

4 days going on 5.

St Lukes walk in.

MT Net

Blackberry Brandy, my Aunt swears by it.

If you drink too much, you'll forget about the flu symptoms... tongue.gif

Get more rest, not much else you can do until it runs it's course.

Papa Woodie

my family swears by the brandy and honey as well. Has worked for me in the past. I really think you can't go wrong with it.

Jackpine Rob

Hot lemonade with honey and brandy.

Vicks Vapo-rub

Plenty of sleep

3 days in bed, half a day at work yesterday, full day today. Nasty bug.

MrSenarighi

I concur with the walk-in idea. I had the Y strain of the flu about 7 years ago and it lasted 5 days before I went in to the doctor. You may need antibiotics, and not alcohol. Sure beats the South Beach diet for losing weight though. Good luck.

ReelTimes

NL, You sound like you were talking more about stomach flu ("not holding anything down") then influenza flu or viral symptoms. Stomach flu usually resolves within 24-48 hrs, 72 would be long. If you're not holding anything down, I would start having some concerns about dehydration. I would probably see your doctor. If it is more the influenza flu, viral, with the typical body aches, chills, fever, cold symptoms, it is not uncommon to feel crummy for several days. Either way if you don't start feeling better fairly quick, I would see your doc...particularly with the weekend coming up.

Dry_Fly

Cold Care P.M., It's a Herb Tea For seasonal Conditions. Get it at Super One and it works. Makes you feel better and usually cuts a few days off the Cold/Flu. I use it all the time and believe me it helps. Maybe it's just the fluids but it is soothing and makes me feel better. Get Well and Get Fishing

Northlander

Thanks guys. If I dont have a handle on this by tomorrow afternoon Im going to call my Doc. Im able to hold some stuff down today. Drank 4 plus liters of Gatorade in the past couple days along with the Alka stuff. Nyquil is just making me groggy and sweaty. A hot Brandy and Honey really sounds good. Ill have to try it.

You know your sick when your dog wont come by you! frown.gif

Surface Tension

It sounds like your going through withdrawals.

Fishing withdrawals that is. Cheffrey hasn't cooked for you lately has he? grin.gif Sorry Cheffery I couldn't resist.

Get well soon, like tomorrow.

Tom Linderholm

Guess that means I get out of any cooking up at Bside grin.gif Personally I think my mystery cooler is feeling a little lighter, Have you been in there Steve?

Speaking of Bside though Frank & Steve ,I have enough Beef Filets for the first night if we want to do some sort of Potluck?

Northlander

A potluck sounds reel good. What do ya want me to bring. I make a mean twice baked potatoe or I could just bring some chips and dip? wink.gif

Tom Linderholm

Steve all you need to do is get better so you can make it up there. Then again twice bakes would probably be good too!

loadmaster

Ny Quil a beer and all the long underwaer you can put on. Put on the blankets and go to sleep or until the sweet starts coming out. Next morning feeling great. Woops maybe this is for a hangover. nope for the flu. Good luck

walleye_boy

northlander,

What has always worked for me is toast. hope you feel better.

w_boy

Northlander

Load thats why you do so well in league! You dont use your own advice! grin.gif Dry Crackers and Toast tonight and even some pasta with light sauce. So far so good. Having a hot drink of Thera Flu to put myself to sleep now. Goodnight, I hope.

Doc Madison

Late entry but.... the best thing you can do to prevent getting the flu is washing your hands and not sharing eating utensils/beer cans/other "fomites" with other people. The virus (over 200 viruses cause gastroenteritis/cold symptoms)is spread in this manner. Usual gastroenteritis (stomach flu) lasts 24-72 hrs in adults. Chicken soup is good for colds/flu because the fluid and salt will prevent dehydration. Otherwise it has to "run its course" as others have suggested. How's the fishing on Shagawa by the way?