• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM Fall Launch Sept. 20th - Join Us :)

Benny

Skeets, I never thought about the women going.I don't have a problem with the wives going, I am open to any one going for that matter.My lady friend want's to go as well,I just have to find a setter for my daughter for the weekend.

Benny

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benny

• Rick

• Skeets

• TRZ

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Walleyes, we will miss having you along.

ben04, your boat and motor set up will work just fine provided it isn't a shallow draft model 16 footer.
My Lund Explorer is only 16'3" long and I have been on Lac Suel Reseviour with 40 mp winds and 8 foot rollers.Boat contral is of the highest concern if you get caught out there in high winds.
Never panic and put the boat side ways to the waves, just keep it pointed into the wave and work the gas so not to dive into the on coming wave.
Now first off you shouldn't go out there if the winds are too high, and your not experianced on the water .You will be fine in moderate winds , with a 16 footer.

The Isle area is a great area to fish, you have simply endless structure to fish.
If your after the eye's fish the shallow rocks just a few hours before dark using slip bobbers or drag a bottom bouncer with a leach.
If your after smallies, try meps spinners on the rocky reefs or around Islands.

Good luck,Benny

Just an additional note to help clear up some questions.Everyone is welcome to come, men, women, children,dad's, mom's, ect,ect..

Thanks, Benny

Hi Benny,

Put me down for 5 seats. grin.gif

I will book my cabin and send you a check this week.

Thanks,
Skeets

BENNY
Sad to say that I was planning on going until I found out that our Rocky Mountain Elk Federation banquet is on the 20th. So a few of us can not attend,Sorry. I hope this trip is a successfull one for yous guys.

If any one is having problems getting a room or cabin for just the night of the luanch, try calling the Red Door Inn or McQuoids.Numbers for both are listed in the resort finder.
They both rent by the night and still have openings for the 20th of September.
But hurry, they also said they fill up fast after this weekend for the Grouse hunters.

Benny

Benny,

My current schedule is making this get-together impossible. Due to mega scheduling conflicts I will not be able to do the Pig Roast. I apologize for any inconvenience.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

That's ok Paul, this whole thing has been a nightmare any way.
I have been thinking about canceling it as there is only one person who sent money so far, and everyone else has backed out.

Will give it another week, then I will send the money back to the person who sent his in already.

It just doesn't seem to be a good time I quess.

Benny

Benny, planning so far out in advance is a problem for most. Suggestion....post something two weeks in advance and see what happens. People know their schedules much better than 2 months out.

Hey Rick, sounds good!

I'd love to go hang out and get some Mille Wall-Dogs. But scheduling that far out, as Dave said, is just too impossible. I'm on a wait and see basis.

Benny:

Don't give up. Now with Rick and his "lunch bunch smile.gif" going, I am sure you'll meet the 20 person quota. (Is that the same 5 person group that Skeets was mentioning???)

Your efforts are most definatly recognized and very much appreciated Benny. A big thank you from all of us. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 08-05-2003).]

I am still interested in going, I sure hope it dosen't get cancelled.
I am just having trouble finding a cabin for just one night. Fisher's wants to rent two nights, not one.

That is the only reason I haven't mailed the money to you yet, Benny.

Thanks for the support people, I will keep it booked.I don't want to let any one down, just the worry wart side of me got going there.

That would make 8 people not including the 5 spots Skeets wants.

Skeets did you get my Email about calling the other resorts?I called them my self to make sure I knew they would rent out for one night only, they told me they would.
The Red Door isn't to far away maybe 10 miles at most, and McQuiods is maybe about the same.

I am not a heavy drinker so if any party would need a lift back to a local resort after the launch, I can be the designated driver.

Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 08-05-2003).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hi Benny,
I have 5 people confirmed. I will be responsible for their money.

Me
Pat
Bob
Gay
Matt

we're signed on.

I will also be going out on a launch Saturday morning (9/20/03). If anyone would like to join us, just call Fisher's and reserve a spot on the same launch I'm reserved on.

http://fishersresort.com

Benny, I will try and call them today.

I will let you know if I find out anything.

Skeets

rmh2o, thanks for the number for that guy with the pig roaster.
Skeets has a great idea, we could put together a fish fry for Saturday afternoon.
Fish,tator tots,onions,patatos,salads,or any thing that some one would want to bring.Maybe a pot luck style dinner??

The weekend is the 19th and 20th of September, that is the weekend after small game archery opener.Launch trip is the 20th at 8 PM till Mid night.Cost is $27.50 per person.

Should be good fishing by that time of the year, big piggys roam the lake in the fall!

Hope you can make it , I am looking foward to meeting the people from the forum.
I have never seen a forum board that is so friendly and makes every one feel welcome to join in.

Benny

I wont be able to make the launch trip as I have to be home saturday night but I will have my boat up there.A fish fry pot luck would be a great idea but it may be hard to get enough keepers to cook up

The wife and I are usually up there friday and saturday on the east side and would probably stop by.What days is this taking place on?Also if you still want to have a pig roast there is a guy up there that will cater a pig roast.His name is Lawrence Kacon #320-676-3564

I have two spots on the launch reserved but that is also the day of our fire department Booya [fundraiser] so I will be working that and arriving at fishers about 6 pm.
If anyone is interested in eating some Booya let me know as we will making 300 plus gallons.

If you have some left your welcome to bring it along.I am sure there will be some one who will have the late night munchies after the launch.Or even before we go out, I am not sure what we will do for a dinner yet.Skeets has a good idea for a fish fry, but we are worried there wouldn't be enough fish.Unless everyone brings what they would like to fry up and we just have the fish fryer going.Toss your meal in and cook it, then on to the next people.
It is a lot differant than planning the meals for the Canada trip I usually go on.There we have two people who are in charge of the food, the rest just pitch in and help cook or clean up after.
Whith the defferant scheduals and arrival times we couldn't work it that way, so that's why I figured we would just have a fryer and a grill going at around 4 PM or so.
I have a large weber I will bring, along with a small propane grill.It works good for hot dogs, but won't cook a steak to fast.
The weber will handle a lot of food on it, so that one can be used for the steaks or burgers.

Benny

Hey Benny,
how many spots do you have left?

Looks like at least 13 of the 20 are spoken for...is that correct?

I think you food idea will work fine. We can bring something to fry/grill and maybe we can potluck.

Yes there are at least 12 seats spoken for.
5 from your group,5 from Skeets,2 from Wrench,Mine and I think one more.
I will get a total figured out here tomorrow or Monday night.I have to work Sunday , go to the Game Fair and pick up some deks and a blind.
Then I have a fella from Iowa stopping in on his way back from Alexandrea to pick up a four wheeler motor I sold him off Ebay.
So it's a buisy weekend.

Benny

A little off topic, but if you want to learn a mountain of info, a variety of tactics and successful approaches, and hands-on skills on fishing the pond, take a couple bucks and book Derek Johnston.

You're "Big Pond" fishing pursuits will never be the same.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

TRZ your more than welcome if we have an open seat.Rick is going out on a launch earlier that day, there may be room on that one as well.

UJS- is correct though if your looking to learn live bait rigging, your best bet is to book a guide.Most have all the equipment,and experiance to teach thier clients how they go about rigging with live bait.
If we meet up at the resort and I don't have the familly going with I would welcome your company.

Benny

P.S The total tally so far for the launch trip is 15 people.
5 for Rick.
5 for Skeets.
2 for Wrench.
2 for MT-Pockets
1 for me, maybe 3 if the familly goes out.

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 09-05-2003).]

I'm very interested in the trip. i really enjoy learning from the guys on this site, yet i have only mastered fall cranking on the pond( I got 2 over 30' last fall thanks to some of the great tips i picked up on this site, my fiend sent one into the pioneer press and it got in) yet i could really use a lesson on live bait fishing the big pond. but i won't be sure if i can attend that day for a couple weeks, i hope there is still room. if i can come you can count me in for 2 spots.

Benny, thanks for the offer i really hope i can make the trip. I have really been self taught on the big pond. basically spent 2 years toiling and wasting time with little results. But now i do well cranking, smallie fishing and pike fishing. it would be fun to add live bait rigging to my gameplan on the pond.

It;s getting close to the date.

This launch trip for FM members should be a good time. Fisher's Resort is gearing up to get us out for a good time fishing.

If you're interested in attending, let us know. We have 4-7 spots left. Bring your friends or family. There are prizes available on this trip as well I believe?

Is that correct Benny?

I might bring a few items myself for those who are in attendance.

These FM events are always fun, and a great way to put some faces to names. I think the date puts everyone in a good position to get some Gators too, especially with Fisher's resort at the helm.

It's still a tad far out for me to give the "thumbs up", but I should know here within 2 weeks at the latest.

These remaining spots will probably fill fast. Typically a week or so before the event, so if you want to go, have a good time, and meet some of the FM family, get your dibs on seats now.

If there is a seat open yet in a week or so, I just may be in a position to fill it myself. smile.gif

Keep up the great work Benny. Again, it's much appreciated.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Yes I have a few hats with some discount cupons to be used on an FM members web site.They are nice hats and the cupons are worth 25% off if I remember right.
I am also getting some camo hats from my friends electrical buisness to give out.
I tried to get some hats made up for the launch, but the print shops wanted a lot of money to print up so few hats.

It would be great if you can get some FM hats or T-shirts Rick.This is my first go at organizing an event so I did not have any knowelage of how to abtain donated prizes.I may call a couple of resorts listed in the forum resort finder and ask if I can get a donation in return for the advertisment it would bring them.It also gives the members on the launch a chance to get a nice hat or T-shirt.

I don't know about places like Gander or the smaller stores around if they would do any thing like that?Maybe some place like Capra's or Thorne Bro's because they are smaller and can use the free publicity for the cost of one or two hats.

I saw an add for charcoal for like $3.95 per 20# bag.I will have to find it again and buy a couple of bags to keep the grill hot for a few hours .

It's going to be a bring your own food and drink cook out , if Skeets,Wrench and my self can get some stuff together we will add it to the table for those who get extra hungry smile.gif
I did look at buying a keg of beer, but was told I can be held liable if some one got hurt.So this is why I decided to just have it as a BYOB.I am guessing that's how it worked last year.

Well, keep getting the word out for the remaining 7 spots.
Thanks, Benny

Harmonica Bear, Huskminn are you people still intrested?Can you make it to the launch get together?
Sure would be nice to have you people on board.
Thanks, Benny